- 1 pound of chicken sausage (you can use pork or turkey in whatever flavor you want)
- 4 c. shredded hash browns
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 can green chilies
- 2 tbsp. diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 c. diced onion
- 1/2 c. chopped mushrooms (optional)
- 2 c. Sharp cheddar cheese
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- – Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees.
- – In a pan, start to cook your sausage and your chopped onion. Season with salt and pepper or whatever seasonings you prefer.
- – Once the meat is all the way cooked, pour in the can of fire roasted tomatoes, 1/2 can of green chilies, diced jalapeno peppers, and 4 cups of shredded hash browns. Allow to cook for about 10 minutes. You want to make sure that the hash browns are no longer frozen (that is if you used the frozen kind like I did).
- – While all of that is cooking, in a separate bowl, whisk together your eggs.
- – Get out your pan out, I used a glass square casserole dish, and pour your hashbrown mixture in the pan and with a spoon, smooth over the top to make sure that it is even.
- – Take your eggs and pour it over the hash brown mixture. The eggs will cook once we place them in the oven.
- – Now, the good part, take your cheese and sprinkle over the entire hash brown mixture. Make sure that you add enough to where you cannot see the hash brown mixture. We are talking lots of cheese!
- – Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes. We have to make sure that those eggs are completely cooked and the cheese is melted.
- – Once you take it out of the oven allow to cool just a bit before you serve.