Enjoy this Super Simple Cherry Crumble recipe that is made using dark and sweet cherries and topped with a sweet and crunchy streusel topping.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 12 oz. frozen dark sweet cherries
- 2 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 oz. cherry jam (optional)
- 4 tsp. Cornstarch
- ¼ c. water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ c. flour
- ½ c. light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ c. pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1 stick butter, melted
- at the oven to 375 Degrees. Spray a 9X13 rectangular dish with baking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie crust. Roll out the pie crust an extra ½ inch all the way around. Lay the pie crust in the rectangular dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the frozen cherries. Add the sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, and water and toss with the cherries. You can also add the jam if you are using it. Pour the cherry mixture on top of the pie crust evenly.
- In a separate large bowl, add the flour, both sugars, salt, pecans, and whisk. Pour over the melted butter and use a fork to mix the dry ingredients until coarse crumbs occur. Sprinkle on top of the cherry mixture. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes. The top should be slightly golden and the edges bubbly.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Enjoy this Super Simple Cherry Crumble recipe that is made using dark and sweet cherries and topped with a sweet and crunchy streusel topping.