- 1 c. sweet corn (fresh)
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. butter flavor or extract (optional)
- 2 1/2 c. cake flour
- 1/2 c. corn flour ( I used Masa Instant Corn Flour)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 c. ricotta cheese
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees: Add the sweet corn in a small shallow bowl and toss in the 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Turn the corn to a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Once the corn has roasted, turn to a food processor or chopper and pulse until well chopped (pulse just a few times).
- Increase oven temperature to 375 Degrees: In a large bowl, cream the butter and add the sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in the eggs one at a time. Now add the vanilla extract and butter extract (if you have it). In a separate bowl, sift together the cake and corn flour together. Slowly add the flour into the wet ingredients. Add the baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Slowly pour in the buttermilk and add the ricotta cheese ( you can use sour cream if you don’t have it); Fold in the sweet corn. Spray an Angel Food Cake Bundt Cake pan and sprinkle the bottom with sugar. Pour in the cake batter and spread evenly and bake for 35 to 40 minutes on middle rack or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Allow cake to cool. Once the cake is ready to be removed place on top of a cooling rack (my cake was very soft and moist so be careful).
- Melt the stick of butter in a small saucepan on low to medium heat; add the powdered sugar and whisk until well blended. Add the salt and milk and whisk a little more until all ingredients are absorbed ( should be smooth and creamy). Immediately pour on top of the cake until completely used. Allow to set on the cake and serve.