This is the Best Christmas Sugar Cookie Recipe that is the perfect canvas for your cookie decorating desires. Using Finlandia Imported Butter, you will love this sugar cookie recipe.
- 16 oz. Finlandia Imported Butter, unsalted and room temperature
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 4 c. flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- In a large bowl, add the butter and begin to cream the butter using a handheld or standing mixer. Add the sugar to the butter and mix until well combined. Add the two eggs, one at a time, and add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the baking powder, salt, and one cup of flour at a time until well mixed. Continue to mix until a ball of cookie dough is formed. Form the cookie dough into one ball and separate into two balls. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for, at least, one hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Coat the surface with powdered sugar. Unwrap one ball of dough and begin to work to flatten the dough using a rolling pin. Roll the cookie dough to about ¼ inch thick. Use the desired cookie cutters and place the cookie on the baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes and move to a cooling rack until ready to decorate.
- For tips on how to decorate cookies, click here.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert