The is the Best Strawberry Shortcake Cake Recipe that your summer will ever see! The cake is moist and buttery and topped with a delicious strawberry topping!
- 1 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 c. sugar, finely pulverized
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 c. warm milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 ½ cups. Heavy whipping cream
- ½ tbsp. Vanilla extract
- ¾ c. powdered sugar
- 1-pint strawberries, sliced
- 11.75 oz. Strawberry Topping, jar
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Spray two 9-inch round cake pans and line the bottom of the pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, add the sugar, and pulse for 1-2 minutes. Set Aside.
- Using a handheld mixer or standing mixer, add the butter and sugar until light and fluffy in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs and add vanilla extract and blend well. In a separate medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt. Begin to add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture while interchangeably adding the warm milk until all ingredients are combined. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl to continue mixing.
- Pour the batter evenly into the two separate round cake prepared pans. Smooth the tops of the cake with a rubber spatula. Bake in the oven on middle rack for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted and comes out clean. Once the cakes are finished baking allow to cool completely.
- In a separate large bowl, mix the cream cheese until creamy with a standing mixer on slow to medium speed. Slowly add the heavy whipping ensuring lumps are being worked out. Increase the speed to medium and add the vanilla extract. Add the powdered sugar slowly ½ cups at a time. Once all the powdered sugar and heavy cream has been added, increase speed and beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Place one of the cool cakes on the serving plate for the cake. Spread half of the strawberry topping on the cake and spread evening using a spoon. Sprinkle half of the sliced strawberries on top of the cake as well. Carefully spread half of the whipped topping on the cake. Repeat the process using the other round cake layer. Top the cake with extra fresh sliced strawberries if you have them. Keep in cool location until ready to serve.
- NOTE: You can use a 9X13 rectangular baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes. Once the cake has cooled, pour the entire jar of strawberry topping on the cake, add some strawberry slices, spread the whipped cream on top, and add more strawberry slices.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cake with strawberries, strawberry recipes, how to make strawberry shortcake, strawberry shortcake dessert, traditional strawberry shortcake