Enjoy a French Dip Sandwich made with turkey breast instead of beef.
- 1 1/2 lb. turkey breast
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks,thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 3 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp. liquid smoke
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 4 mini baguettes or ciabatta bread
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat a crockpot on high: In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, place the turkey breast in the pot to sear on both sides for 2-3 minutes. Add the celery, carrot, and onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, while the crockpot is heating, add the chicken stock. Add the garlic to the pot of turkey breast, Worcestershire, and liquid smoke. Turn the turkey breast and the rest of the contents to the crockpot and allow to cook for 1 hour.
- Once the turkey has cooked, Roughly carve the turkey breasts and turn the meat back into the crockpot for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler in the oven , cut the bread into two pieces and brush what will be the top of the sandwich with olive oil. Place a piece of provolone cheese on top and place in the oven and allow the cheese to melt, about 2-3 minutes. Take the bottom piece of bread and pour drizzle with some of the drippings of the turkey and place some of the turkey, celery,and carrots on the bottom and put the top piece of bread on top, secure with toothpick and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 720
- Fat: 32 g