Turtle cake is a chocolate cake with a rich caramel frosting. Learn how to make a Turtle Brownie Cake with this recipe.
- 1 Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 Brownie Mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 c. warm coffee
- 16 oz. Chocolate Frosting
- CARAMEL DRIZZLE
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar
- 1/3 c. heavy cream
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 3/4 c. powdered sugar sifted
- 1/2 c. candied chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees. Spray a bundt cake pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chocolate cake mix, brownie mix, large eggs, vegetable oil, and begin to stir with a handheld mixer or a standing mixer. Slowly pour the warm coffee into the cake batter. Mix until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and fill it to about ¾ filled. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes, flip and turn onto a cool rack or cake platter and remove the pan to continue cooling.
- To make the caramel sauce: In a small saucepan, add the light brown sugar, heavy cream, and butter. Bring to a slight boil and allow to boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in salt. Slowly add in the sifted powdered sugar and whisk through the caramel sauce. Allow cooling for about 10-15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate frosting in the microwave, just until melted. The frosting should still be thick. If it gets too hot and thin allow sitting to thicken again. Pour the chocolate frosting over the cake. Allow setting for about 15 minutes. Then, pour the caramel sauce over the cake and sprinkle with the chopped pecans. Let all of the toppings on the cake settle for about 20-30 minutes or in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes, plus time for coolling
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: turtle brownie cake recipe, turtle cake ingredients, turtle brownie mix, turtle cake recipe,