• 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
• 3 pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Diced
• 4 Tablespoons Butter
• 2 whole Carrots, Chopped
• 3 stalks Celery, Chopped
• 1 whole Medium Onion, Chopped
• 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
• 1/2 cups Flour
2 c. water
• 32 ounces, fluid Chicken Broth
• 1 can Sweet Corn, Rinsed (15 Oz. Can)
• 2 -15.5 oz cans BUSH’S White Chili Beans
1 c. heavy cream
• 1 whole Jalapeno, Diced
• Salt And Pepper, to taste
• 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
• 1 Tablespoon Cumin
• 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
• 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- In a large non-stick pot, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat. Add the diced chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well cooked. Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from pan, and put it into a bowl or a plate. Season with salt and pepper.
- Without rinsing the pot, melt the butter and add the chopped carrots, celery, onion, and garlic. Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan to scrape up the chicken bits. Cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables become soft.
- Sprinkle the pot with a little of the flour, and continue to stir. Interchangeably add the flour and the chicken broth to make sure the flour isn’t lumpy. Once the flour and chicken broth are completely dissolved you should have a thick chili base. Add the 2 cups of water, and continue to stir. Allow the chili base to simmer for 30 minutes. Make sure you stir and continue to scrape the bottom of the pot to get all that chicken flavor integrated and so that the chili base doesn’t stick and burn.
- Now, add the corn, beans, and diced jalapeno. Allow simmering for another 20 minutes. Add the seasonings and the cream. Add the chicken and any juices that were on the plate and allow to simmer for another 20-30 minutes. Serve with delicious cornbread, and thank me in the morning!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Stews
Keywords: white chicken chili, white chicken chili recipe, recipe for white chicken chili, pioneer woman white chicken chili, chili recipe