This delicious and satisfying 30-Minute Stuffed Pepper Pasta with Rigatoni recipe is a flavorful twist on traditional stuffed peppers. The dish features bell peppers stuffed with a savory beef and tomato mixture, topped with melted mozzarella cheese, and served on a bed of rigatoni pasta.
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 c. green bell pepper, diced
- 1 c. yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 c. red bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/2 lb. Italian ground turkey
- 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Chicken bouillon (I recommend Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base)
- 1/2 tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 8 oz. Rigatoni, Cooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Cook the pasta in a large pot with salted water. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and return the pasta to the pot. Turn off the heat. Drizzle with olive oil and cover with lid.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, add the olive oil.
- Add the sliced onions and peppers to the pot and allow to sweat for about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and sausage to the pot and cook until browned—season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce and stir. Add the chicken bouillon, Italian Seasoning, Oregano, Worcestershire Sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika. Stir all of the ingredients together. Add additional salt and pepper to taste. Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Ladle a spoonful of the stuffed pepper mixture over cooked rigatoni.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: stuffed pepper pasta, stuffed peppers with pasta instead of rice, stuffed peppers with noodles, bell pepper pasta