If you’re looking for a quick and delicious meal that the whole family will love, look no further than this 30-Minute Stuffed Pepper Pasta (Rigatoni) Recipe! Not only is this dish incredibly easy to prepare, but it is also incredibly flavorful, featuring a variety of bell peppers, ground turkey, and diced tomatoes.
My husband and I have been trying to add more plant-based dinner recipes to our repertoire. I love Stuffed Peppers. I love how easy they are to customize, and it is a good way for me to get some vegetables in my body without feeling like I am eating a large bell pepper. I typically top the peppers with rice, tomatoes, onions, and finely diced mushrooms with cheese. I have also tried them with rice, black beans, tomatoes, and Mexican seasonings topped with cheese. Doesn’t those varieties sound good?!
Although these options sound delicious. There is only one problem. My husband doesn’t! So I devised a way for him to enjoy the flavor of a Stuffed Pepper with pasta instead of rice.
Ingredients in this Stuffed Pepper Pasta Dish
The ingredients in this 30-minute easy dinner meal are simple and pantry staples.
- Ground turkey
- Italian ground turkey
- Diced Tomatoes
- Green, red, and yellow bell peppers
- Rigatoni Pasta
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
You can customize this recipe however you want and substitute the ingredients. Instead of ground turkey, you can use ground beef or ground chicken, for instance. I love this recipe because everything is cooked in one pot, making cleaning easy.
I used gluten-free pasta such as Banza, but you can use whatever pasta you want. This low-carb recipe is great for diabetics or paleo eaters, minus the cheese.
How to make 30-Minute Stuffed Pepper Pasta
Step One: Prep the veggies by slicing the peppers and onion.
Step Two: Cook the ground turkey and Italian ground turkey sausage.
Step Three: Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasonings (Italian Seasoning, chicken bouillon, garlic, and onion powder).
Step Four: Cook the pasta and serve the pepper and turkey mixture over the pasta and sprinkle with sharp cheddar cheese.
Commonly Asked Questions
Yes. You can make the mixture and freeze the pepper and turkey mixture in an airtight container or large freezer bag. You can also cook the pasta ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator.
I would serve this recipe with garlic bread and a side salad. But you can also serve it with a side order of green beans.
Yes. Instead of pasta, you can use rice instead.
If you like recipes like this 30-Minute pasta dish, you will like the ones below:
- Po-Man’s Beef Ragu Recipe
- Creamy Pappardelle with Bacon and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Homemade Spaghetti with Meat sauce
- Ravioli in a Creamy Tomato Sauce
30-Minute Stuffed Pepper Pasta (Rigatoni) Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
This delicious and satisfying 30-Minute Stuffed Pepper Pasta with Rigatoni recipe is a flavorful twist on traditional stuffed peppers. The dish features bell peppers stuffed with a savory beef and tomato mixture, topped with melted mozzarella cheese, and served on a bed of rigatoni pasta.
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 c. green bell pepper, diced
- 1 c. yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 c. red bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/2 lb. Italian ground turkey
- 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Chicken bouillon (I recommend Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base)
- 1/2 tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 8 oz. Rigatoni, Cooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Cook the pasta in a large pot with salted water. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and return the pasta to the pot. Turn off the heat. Drizzle with olive oil and cover with lid.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, add the olive oil.
- Add the sliced onions and peppers to the pot and allow to sweat for about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and sausage to the pot and cook until browned—season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce and stir. Add the chicken bouillon, Italian Seasoning, Oregano, Worcestershire Sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika. Stir all of the ingredients together. Add additional salt and pepper to taste. Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Ladle a spoonful of the stuffed pepper mixture over cooked rigatoni.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: stuffed pepper pasta, stuffed peppers with pasta instead of rice, stuffed peppers with noodles, bell pepper pasta
Leave a Reply