Enjoy this one-pot creamy four-cheese ravioli in a creamy tomato sauce that is to die for! This ravioli recipe has a bit of a kick spice from the sausage and the seasoning in the sauce. In addition, this recipe is made with ground turkey and herbs and spices that take this dish to another level.
If you haven’t figured it out, I am a pasta fanatic. It is part of why I have an issue trying to lose the baby weight. It is just a rough situation for me. Especially when I create dishes like this. I have no regrets because this recipe is super delicious and an easy and quick dinner recipe that you can make any day during the week.
Easy Ravioli Dinner
One of my favorite places to go is Maggianos Little Italy. I love it so much that I can only allow myself to eat there once a year. Otherwise, losing any weight would be next to impossible. They have a delicious pesto ravioli dish that I just love and have always been inspired to create a ravioli recipe. That is where this Ravioli in a Creamy Tomato Sauce comes into play.
This ravioli recipe is made with sweet Italian ground turkey in a creamy tomato sauce. I added cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes to add a little more kick. First, let me tell you about the spice in the sauce recipe, but it is subtle enough to where it won’t bother you. But if you are sensitive to spice, you can omit it altogether, or you add a pinch at a time until you get to a heat level that is good for you.
This recipe will make a delicious dinner recipe for a crowd. I am going to make this recipe again for my gal friends. Not only am I going to make this ravioli dish, but it is to go along with a side salad and warm Garlic Bread for a complete meal. So everyone will walk away feeling very happy at the dinner table.
Commonly Asked Questions
Can you cook frozen ravioli right in the sauce?
Yes! You can add the frozen ravioli to the sauce, and it will cook through perfectly.
Yes! You can freeze this meal in an airtight container or large freezer bag. To heat, I would allow to sit at room temperature or in warm water to loosen and add to a pot with a bit of water and slowly heat through.
Nope! You can use ground pork or another flavor of sausage if you want. If you are a vegetarian, you don’t have to use anything at all or you can use seitan, plant-based meatballs, or ground soy crumbles if you are looking for a meat substitute.
If you like recipes like this one, you will like the ones below!Print
Ravioli in a Creamy Tomato Sauce
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
This recipe for pasta in a creamy tomato sauce is a hearty and delicious meal for cold days. This ravioli is made with ground turkey and has a little spicy kick!
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. ground sweet Italian or spicy sauce turkey sausage
- 1 lb. Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 14 oz. Diced petite tomatoes, drained
- 2 tsp. Fresh Oregano
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 c. Heavy Cream
- 1/2 c Romano Cheese, grated
- 24 oz. Frozen Jumbo Four Cheese Ravioli
- Garnish: fresh parsley, chopped and Parmesan Cheese
- In a large shallow pan on medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Once heated, add the divorced shallot and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Next, add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Next, add the ground turkey sausage and cook until browned. Be sure to use a spatula to break the meat into medium-sized ground pieces—season with a pinch of salt.
- In the same shallow pan, add the pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, and about ½ cup of water to the jar and shake to get more of the pasta sauce and pour into the pan.
- Next, add the seasonings and herbs (i.e., fresh oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, smoked paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper). Stir and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, add the heavy cream, Romano cheese, and stir.
- Reducing the heat to low to medium, add the ravioli to the pan with the sauce and cover with a lid. Allow simmering for 15 minutes. Serve with fresh chopped parsley and grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: creamy sauce for ravioli, ravioli tomato sauce recipe, ravioli tomato sauce recipe, creamy tomato sauce for ravioli, best sauce for ravioli,
Leave a Reply