This recipe for pasta in a creamy tomato sauce is a hearty and delicious meal for cold days. This ravioli is made with ground turkey and has a little spicy kick!
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. ground sweet Italian or spicy sauce turkey sausage
- 1 lb. Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 14 oz. Diced petite tomatoes, drained
- 2 tsp. Fresh Oregano
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 c. Heavy Cream
- 1/2 c Romano Cheese, grated
- 24 oz. Frozen Jumbo Four Cheese Ravioli
- Garnish: fresh parsley, chopped and Parmesan Cheese
- In a large shallow pan on medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Once heated, add the divorced shallot and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Next, add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Next, add the ground turkey sausage and cook until browned. Be sure to use a spatula to break the meat into medium-sized ground pieces—season with a pinch of salt.
- In the same shallow pan, add the pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, and about ½ cup of water to the jar and shake to get more of the pasta sauce and pour into the pan.
- Next, add the seasonings and herbs (i.e., fresh oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, smoked paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper). Stir and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, add the heavy cream, Romano cheese, and stir.
- Reducing the heat to low to medium, add the ravioli to the pan with the sauce and cover with a lid. Allow simmering for 15 minutes. Serve with fresh chopped parsley and grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: creamy sauce for ravioli, ravioli tomato sauce recipe, ravioli tomato sauce recipe, creamy tomato sauce for ravioli, best sauce for ravioli,