This Baked Ravioli recipe is definitely a crowd-pleaser and a simple dinner recipe that saves you a lot of time. To make this recipe you need cheese filled ravioli and a simple homemade tomato sauce.
My Baked Ravioli recipe is a great dinner recipe that can be viewed as a shortcut to lasagna.
Growing up, the only time we had lasagna was if it was from the freezer section. My mom would make a Stouffer’s lasagna, maybe add a little extra cheese, bake some garlic bread, and a salad and we had dinner. Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with a Stouffer’s lasagna. In fact, I would pop one in the oven if I needed a quick and easy dinner for my family. But every now and then, you will want to make your own lasagna. But let’s face it, homemade lasagna can be time-consuming and slightly expensive, depending on the cheese and the size. Therefore, I like to think of this Baked Ravioli recipe as an alternative and answer to having a shortcut around making lasagna from scratch.
How I made this Baked Ravioli Recipe
It’s really quite simple. I cooked some ground beef with some onions and garlic. Once that was cooked, I then added two cans of crushed tomatoes, some oregano, and Italian seasoning. I also added a little garlic and onion powder for flavor. Finally, I seasoned with salt and pepper to taste and let simmer for about 15 minutes to cook the acidity from the tomatoes down. You definitely can let this sauce simmer longer.
Did I make you hungry?
I know I just made myself hungry…again.
If you don’t want to make the sauce the way the recipe follows, you definitely can use marinara sauce if you want. Marinara sauce already has the seasoning in the sauce that I add to mine and it isn’t as chunky. It is completely up to you what you decide to do. You can’t go wrong either way. I promise.Print
Baked Ravioli Recipe
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Yield: 8-10 1x
This Baked Ravioli Recipe is a shortcut to lasagna and a simple and comforting easy dinner meal, NMake this recipe with cheese ravioli and an easy meat sauce.
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 c. diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ lb. ground beef
- 2–15 oz. cans of crush tomatoes
- 1 ½ tsp. Dried oregano leaves
- 1 ½ tsp. Dried Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ tsp. Fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 2 lb. Cheese Ravioli
- 1 ½ c. fresh mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Spray a 9X13 or 8X11 casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- On medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onions and cook for 5-7 minutes until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 3 minutes until fragrant. Add the ground beef and cook with the onions and garlic until browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, dried oregano, dried Italian seasoning, fresh basil, garlic powder, and onion powder and stir. Reduce the sauce on simmer and allow to cook for 15 minutes covered.
- In the casserole dish, layer with a little sauce on the bottom, ravioli, laddle of sauce and spread evenly on top of the ravioli, more ravioli, and top off with sauce. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. The cheese will be nice and melted. Allow cooling fo 10 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Entree
Leave a Reply