Take your Stove Top® Stuffing to another level by adding some bacon and sweet and tart apples making this Apple Bacon Herb Stuffing.
- ½ pound OSCAR MAYER Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon, chopped
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 2 boxes (6 ounces) STOVE TOP Turkey Stuffing Mix
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9″ x13″ casserole dish with nonstick spray.
2. In a large sauté pan on medium-high heat, add the bacon and cook until slightly crisp, about 5-7 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon and add to a plate lined with a paper towel.
3. Add the apples, onion, celery, garlic, and light brown sugar to the bacon fat and cook until softened, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. In a large pot, bring water, chicken stock, and butter to a boil on medium heat. Remove from heat. Add stuffing mix and seasoning packets; stir. Let sit for 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the apple-vegetable mixture, bacon, and sage. Mix to combine and pour into the prepared casserole dish. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.