The breakfast cups are made with Jimmy Dean smoked bacon and sausage made with original spices. These breakfast cups are wrapped in bacon, stuffed with potatoes, topped with an egg, and drizzled in hollandaise sauce.
- 1 pack Jimmy Dean® Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 1 lb. Jimmy Dean® Regular Premium Pork Sausage
- 4 c. thawed tater tots
- 12 medium eggs
- Hollandaise Sauce (optional)
- Garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a cooling rack on top of a long baking rack. Lay the bacon across, lengthwise across the cooling rack. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Bacon should be cooked but still somewhat limp. Allow
to coolbefore lining in a cupcake tin.
- While the bacon is cooking, use a medium sauté pan and cook the ground pork sausage
onmedium heat. Cook until brown and use a spatula to break the sausage. Drain the excess grease.
- Using a potato masher, mash the
tatertotsand add the ground pork sausage to the tatertotsand stir to combine.
- Spray a cupcake liner with non-stick spray. Take a single piece of bacon and wrap on the inside of a cupcake tin. Use your hands to stuff the inside of the bacon with the potato and sausage mixture. Use a thumbprint and leave an indention in the middle of the potato mixture and crack an egg in the middle of the potato mixture. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or longer depending on egg preference. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and carefully remove from cupcake tin and place on a serving tray.
- Category: Breakfast