The sponsored post was written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods Inc. All opinions are entirely my own.
These Easy Bacon Breakfast Cups are quick and delicious for breakfast or brunch.
Enjoy these Easy Bacon Breakfast Cups filled with potatoes, and sausage, wrapped in bacon and topped with an egg.
This will be my second Mother’s Day with my sweet baby boy Calvin. I am counting down the years until he actually attempts to cook me breakfast for Mother’s Day with some crazy concoction that he expects me to eat and enjoy. Because I am the mother I am I will pretend to be happy to eat it. So until then, I have a few years to embed in my kid some basic cooking techniques that are sure to get me a decent bacon and eggs, at best. In any case, when making breakfast or brunch for Mother’s Day, the key is using quality and affordable ingredients and making recipes that are quick and easy yet delicious.
When I envision having a Mother’s Day brunch or breakfast, I picture a long table in my backyard with mild to warm weather, a group of mothers who I admire wearing bright and pastel colors, pretty spring flowers gracing the table with their beauty and fragrance, and champagne flutes filled mimosas ready to swallow after several bites of a delicious and warm breakfast. I imagine us discussing the woes of motherhood, sharing tips on daycares and teaching methods, and planning playdates for weeks and months to come. We may even discuss our personal romantic relationships and laugh at our husbands or partners. Mother’s Day is a day for mothers to be celebrated, yes, but it is also a time for us mothers to acknowledge our strength and value as it relates to our communities, households, and the world.
I am the type of mother who doesn’t just parent her own child. I am a mother who will also correct and loves another child that my body did not carry if necessary. Mother’s run the world! So why shouldn’t we be celebrated and enjoy each other’s company? Furthermore, why shouldn’t we celebrate over a delicious breakfast or brunch? In order to make that happen, we are going to need Jimmy Dean® sausage and bacon and these Easy Bacon Breakfast Cups.
These Easy Breakfast Cups are wrapped in bacon, stuffed with potatoes and sausage, and topped with an egg. To make this dish all the more amazing, you can even top it off with hollandaise sauce. That is completely optional. Jimmy Dean Applewood Smoked Bacon has a slighter thicker cut. These Easy Breakfast Cups are also stuffed with Jimmy Dean Regular Premium Pork, which is made with delicious seasonings that make for a high-quality sausage. These Jimmy Dean products make these breakfast cups perfect for any Mother’s Day breakfast or brunch. I want to hear from you how you plan to create the most perfect and memorable Mother’s Day breakfast or brunch!
Jimmy Dean Regular Premium Pork Sausage and Jimmy Dean Applewood Smoked Bacon can be found at your local Meijer store in the refrigerated meat section. I found them in the middle of this section right next to one another waiting for me to pick them up and make something delicious. These items will be fully stocked in Meijer by May 1st with a special sticker, which is just in time for Mother’s Day!
- 1 pack Jimmy Dean® Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 1 lb. Jimmy Dean® Regular Premium Pork Sausage
- 4 c. thawed tater tots
- 12 medium eggs
- Hollandaise Sauce (optional)
- Garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a cooling rack on top of a long baking rack. Lay the bacon across, lengthwise across the cooling rack. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Bacon should be cooked but still somewhat limp. Allow
to coolbefore lining in a cupcake tin.
- While the bacon is cooking, use a medium sauté pan and cook the ground pork sausage
onmedium heat. Cook until brown and use a spatula to break the sausage. Drain the excess grease.
- Using a potato masher, mash the
tatertotsand add the ground pork sausage to the tatertotsand stir to combine.
- Spray a cupcake liner with non-stick spray. Take a single piece of bacon and wrap on the inside of a cupcake tin. Use your hands to stuff the inside of the bacon with the potato and sausage mixture. Use a thumbprint and leave an indention in the middle of the potato mixture and crack an egg in the middle of the potato mixture. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or longer depending on egg preference. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and carefully remove from cupcake tin and place on a serving tray.