This Beef with Snow Peas dinner recipe is perfect for weeknight dinner and takes 35 minutes to cook. Serve over a bed of soft and pillowy rice.
- 2 lb. Ribeye Steak, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced into half crescents
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 oz. fresh snow peas (2 handfuls)
- 4 oz. canned mushrooms
- 1 c. soy sauce
- 5 tbsp. Light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. Ginger paste or fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. Corn starch
- 1/4 tsp. Red crushed pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. Rice vinegar
- Using a large shallow heavy skillet, add the olive oil and heat to medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced onions to the pan and cook until translucent and softened for about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add the snow peas to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes. Peas will slightly wilt and softened. Set aside.
- Using a different heavy-duty large skillet, turn the heat on high and add the sliced ribeye. Cook until browned, about 7-10 minutes. If you find that the beef is generating excess moisture drain the liquid and continue to sear. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the mushrooms, snow pea mixture, and stir into the beef meat mixture. In a separate small bowl, add the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and rice vinegar and mix. Take two teaspoons of water and add to the cornstarch in a small ramekin and stir until dissolved. Pour the cornstarch mixture in with the soy sauce mixture and mix. Pour the soy sauce in with the beef and stir. Cover with lid and reduce temperature to low to medium about 10-15 minutes. Stir periodically as the sauce will thicken.
- Serve the mover rice and garnish it with sesame seeds and chopped green onion.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: beef with snow peas recipe, asian beef with sugar peas, asian beef with snow peas, beef stir fry, mongolian beef and snow peas, beef with snow peas chinese recipe,