This Blueberry Skillet Cake is easy, delicious, and explosive with blueberry flavor! This is a basic cake recipe but made with blueberries and topped with whipped cream.
- ½ c. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ¼ c. sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ c. flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 dry pint, blueberries (reserve ¼ cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray a medium round cast iron skillet with nonbake spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend the butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time making sure they are incorporated; add the vanilla extract. Use a rubber spatula and scrape the sides of the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients and interchange by adding the sour cream; add the lemon juice and blueberries, accept ¼ cup of blueberries. Pour the batter into the prepared cast iron skillet. Smooth the top with the rubber spatula. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries and sugar on top of the cake. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes on the middle or top rack in the oven. Allow cooling before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Dessert