This Blueberry Skillet Cake Recipe is so simple and perfect you won’t believe it!
Make Blueberry Skillet Cake if you have a lot of blueberries or want a delicious cake!
I remember when I graduated myself from making desserts from box to making desserts from scratch. The first I made from scratch was a basic Pound Cake Recipe. Nothing too complicated, right? Wrong! Somehow it was burnt on one half and perfect everywhere else. When I tried to take the cake out of the pan, some of it stayed stuck. It was a disaster. When I went to taste some of the cake that wasn’t burnt to a crisp, it really was…gross. I mean it was dry and just not good. I don’t know what I did wrong as I followed the recipe to the letter. Yet it still came out pretty bad. So, for those of you out there who follow recipes, especially baked goods, and it still comes out not looking as pretty as the picture or you swear you didn’t miss a step, us food bloggers have the same issues at times.
Let me give any of you some advice who loves to bake. The advice is simple, baking isn’t always easy and it won’t always be a home run every time you put something in the oven. Baking can be a mystery. You can do all the right things and still have issues. I wish I had a clear answer as to why this happens but I don’t as there can be several answers. Your oven may not be calibrated correctly, bad pans, stale ingredients, or old ingredients. I would say those are the most popular answers to your dry cakes and burnt cookies. If you understand what I’m talking about let me give you some inspiration. Maybe some visual inspiration with this Blueberry Skillet Cake recipe.
This Blueberry Skillet Cake recipe is a very basic cake recipe with delicious dry blueberries. I promise you can make this cake and be proud of the masterpiece you create. What I love the most about this cake is the sugar that was sprinkled on top and as it bakes the heat forms it into a crust. I mean this Blueberry Skillet Cake is so easy but doesn’t taste as such. You want to know what made this cake even more decadent and addicting? I made Homemade Whipped Cream served on top. I am not a huge whipped cream person, but I will make homemade whipped cream any day. That is what makes this cake more comforting. This cake is beautiful, rustic, and simple. All things perfect for a beginners cake recipe. You don’t have to try to make this cake beautiful because it will do it all on its own. It is something you can be proud of. So don’t throw away your measuring cups and bowls just yet. Try this Blueberry Skillet Cake first and I promise you will consider yourself a certified baker.Print
Blueberry Skillet Cake Recipe
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
This Blueberry Skillet Cake is easy, delicious, and explosive with blueberry flavor! This is a basic cake recipe but made with blueberries and topped with whipped cream.
- ½ c. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ¼ c. sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ c. flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 dry pint, blueberries (reserve ¼ cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray a medium round cast iron skillet with nonbake spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend the butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time making sure they are incorporated; add the vanilla extract. Use a rubber spatula and scrape the sides of the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients and interchange by adding the sour cream; add the lemon juice and blueberries, accept ¼ cup of blueberries. Pour the batter into the prepared cast iron skillet. Smooth the top with the rubber spatula. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries and sugar on top of the cake. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes on the middle or top rack in the oven. Allow cooling before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Dessert
Leave a Reply