This is Butter Pound Cake is a classic dessert to serve around the holidays.
“Oh my gosh! I was horrible!” -to-
“I remember when I made that!” -to-
“I came a long way!”
I hope you can see the progress. What is most important is that you can taste the progress. Thanks!
- 3 sticks salted butter, softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 c. buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1½ c. cake flour
- 1½ c. flour
- 1 stick salted butter
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. light corn syrup
- Powdered sugar, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray or grease a bundt cake pan
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and begin to beat in the eggs one at a time. Once the eggs have been added begin to add the flour, buttermilk, and sour cream. Beat until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the bundt cake pan and smooth so the cake batter is even. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Allow the cake to cook for 15 minutes and remove from pan and place on a cool rack while placing paper towels underneath. Take a toothpick and poke holes around the top of the cake.
- In a small pot, melt the butter on low to medium heat. Add the sugar and corn syrup and bring to a slight simmer and stir for 5 minutes then remove from heat. Add the vanilla extract and pour the glaze on top of the cake. Once the cake has been completely cooled, garnish with powdered sugar.