Experience the Southern charm with our Louisiana Crunch Cake recipe that’s sure to become a family favorite. This classic dessert boasts a buttery and soft texture with a delightful hint of sweetened coconut flavor. Whether it’s a special occasion or a holiday gathering, this cake will steal the show and leave everyone craving for more.
Cake lovers, gather ’round! We all have our favorite desserts, and for me, nothing beats a classic Birthday Cake with Buttercream Icing. The richer, the better! However, I’m not one for heavy icing. A thin layer of frosting is just right for me. That’s why Entenmann’s Louisiana Crunch Cake has always held a special place in my heart. It’s one of the best store-bought cakes out there, and it’s the inspiration behind my quest to recreate this delightful treat.
What is a Louisiana Crunch Cake?
In my book, Louisiana Crunch Cake is a slice of heaven on a plate! It’s a moist and buttery cake with a tantalizing touch of sweetened coconut flakes gracing the top of the crust. Now, I understand that coconut can be a polarizing ingredient, but trust me, even if you’re not the biggest fan of coconut, this cake won’t overwhelm you with its flavor.
This cake is designed to be made in a bundt pan or tube pan, and you can choose a bundt pan design that appeals to you.
Baking the Perfect Louisiana Crunch Cake
Ingredients You’ll Need
Before you embark on your Louisiana Crunch Cake adventure, make sure you have the following ingredients:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Sweetened coconut flakes
- Prepare Your Pan: Start by preheating your oven and greasing your chosen bundt or tube pan. This ensures your cake doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Mix the Dry Ingredients: In a bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. These dry ingredients provide the structure for your cake.
- Cream the Butter and Sugar: In a separate bowl, cream together unsalted butter and granulated sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Incorporate the Eggs and Vanilla: Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Then, mix in some vanilla extract for a delightful aroma.
- Add the Coconut Flakes: Gently fold sweetened coconut flakes into the batter to infuse that signature flavor.
- Alternate Dry and Wet Ingredients: Gradually add the dry ingredients and buttermilk to the batter, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. This will ensure your cake has the right texture.
- Bake to Perfection: Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean. This should take around 55-60 minutes.
- Let It Cool: Allow the cake to cool in the pan before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy! Once it’s cool, slice and serve your Louisiana Crunch Cake. Your family and friends won’t be able to resist!
Commonly Asked Questions
No. At least, not in my recipe. You can add some finely chopped pecans to the cake to enhance the nutty flavor.
I am sure you could, but I have not, so I won’t be able to tell you what to expect. If you are going for the true Louisiana Crunch Cake texture, you wouldn’t want to use cake mix as it may not be as dense as a typical Crunch Cake recipe is.
Yes. For this recipe, the ingredients should be at room temperature for a smooth cake bake for a soft cake.
* Recipe partially adapted from Twin Goddess
If you like recipes like this Louisiana Crunch Cake, you will enjoy the cake recipes below: