With these easy instructions, you can make butter pie in an hour or less. This simple dessert recipe is sure to wow everyone at your next gathering.
- 1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 c. pecans, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 5 tbsp. Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. light brown sugar, packed
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 c. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. milk powder (whole milk)
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. Bourbon
- 1/2 tbsp. Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees.
- To prepare the crust: In a large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, pecans, a pinch of salt, and butter using a fork. The mixture will look like wet clumps of sand.
- Press the crumbs into a deep pie dish and along the sides. Flatten using the bottom of the measuring cup and press along the sides—Bake for 5 minutes and allow to cool at room temperature.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars until creamy and fluffy. Add egg yolks one at a time to make them smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (heavy cream, milk powder, cinnamon, Bourbon, cornstarch) and mix until smooth. Pour the filling into the pie crust. Smooth the top of the pie, place aluminum foil around the edges of the pie dish to protect the crust from burning, and bake for 35-40 minutes. The pie should be set and not jiggly in the middle.
- Allow the pie to cool completely at room temperature. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with whipped topping.
- NOTE: To make graham cracker crust, pulse 1 ½ pack of graham crackers in a food processor and combine the melted butter and pecans. Bake the crust according to the recipe instructions.
- NOTE: You can use butter pie crust by placing premade pie dough on a work surface, roll out an extra half inch with a rolling pin, and place in a baking pie dish and crimp the sides. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes and allow to cool. Finish the rest of the recipe as instructed.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: simple butter pie recipe, old fashioned butter pie recipe, best butter pie recipe, southern butter pie recipe, butter pie