These Breakfast Sliders are easy and a quick dish to add to your breakfast in the mornings or to your dining table of your brunch. Very easy and delicious!
- For the Gravy
- 2 lbs. ground beef or pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 c. flour
- 2 c. water
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash of hot sauce
- 4 Frozen or canned Pillsbury Southern Buttermilk Biscuits
- 4 scrambled eggs
- 4 cooked sausage patties (beef, pork or turkey)
- flat leaf parsley, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Place frozen or canned biscuits in the oven once the oven is heated. Bake the biscuits for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, let’s make your breakfast gravy. You can totally use your own homemade recipe, if you have one or a store brought if you prefer, but if you need a recipe or want to make the gravy from scratch then this is a good basic recipe.
- In a large saute pan on medium heat, begin to cook your sausage. This shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes, but cook until completely cooked. Make sure you break up the big chunks of the sausage so every bite of the gravy will have some pieces of sausage.
- Once the sausage is finished cooking, remove from skillet, leaving the fat, and turning to a plate lined with paper towels. On the same level of heat, begin to cook the onions until it becomes translucent, about 5 minutes. Now, add the minced garlic and cook for about 2 minutes ( you don’t want the garlic to burn).
- Sprinkle the flour, about 2 tablespoons at a time, slowly, onto the onions. Interchangeably adding a little water to make sure clumps don’t form. Go back and forth between the flour and the water until they are both well incorporated mixing the entire time. The gravy will thicken. If it is too thick for you liking, add a bit more water until it is to the consistency you want. One the gravy has reached your preferred consistency, return the crumbled sausage to the gravy, season with salt and pepper, and add a dash of hot sauce to your liking. The reason I think you should season at the last minute is because the sausage and the fat from the sausage is going to carry in flavor itself and you may like it the way it is. Use your taste buds to lead you.
- Don’t forget to scramble your eggs ( you can add cheese if you want, go crazy) and warm up your sausage patties. Now your biscuits should be ready….
- Butter the tops of the biscuits, if you want, and slice them half way open. Place a sausage patty on the bottom of the biscuit, add a spoonful of scrambled eggs, and pour some of the breakfast gravy on top; garnish with chopped parsley if you want. Serve!
- – You will have some gravy left over but you can make more than 4 sliders if you want. When I made this recipe I just made 4.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Breakfast/ Brunch