This Broccoli Cheddar Ham Frittata is good for dinner or breakfast. You can enjoy this all-star recipe for any meal throughout the day.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 baby head broccoli, diced
- 2 cups ham, diced
- 1 1/2 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 8 whole large eggs
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. crush red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Fill a medium pot with water and place the chopped broccoli inside and allow to simmer for 3-4 minutes. You don’t want the broccoli to lose its color. As soon as the broccoli is soft, immediately remove from the heat and using a slotted spoon remove the broccoli from the water into a bowl o and allow to cool. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick saute pan on medium heat add the olive oil and begin to cook the shallot onion until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic cloves and cook until for another 2-3 minutes. Add the ham and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the butter into the ham mixture and allow to melt. Stir to make sure the butter is evenly distributed.
- In another large bowl, crack and whisk the eggs until the yolk and the whites are well mixed. Add the red pepper flakes, milk and cheese and stir once more. Next, add the broccoli. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the ham mixture and quickly stir to make sure that the egg mixture is evenly distributed. Allow to sit on the heat for 2-3 minutes until you notice the bottom of pan and the sides are set and transfer to the oven for 20-25 minutes to cook through or until the top is slightly golden.
- Loosen around the sides with a rubber spatula and flip on a serving platter on you can serve out of the pan as is.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: broccoli cheddar frittata, broccoli cheese frittata, east broccoli and cheese frittata