This Broccoli Cheddar and Ham Frittata recipe is a perfect breakfast that you will love. It is filled with broccoli cuts, diced ham, and cheddar cheese. This is perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
The thought of me having my own Bed and Breakfast is something I think about once I decide to retire. I would love to have 3 cozy and comfortable rooms in a modern country-style house; the rooms are modern and conservative with big windows for plenty of sunlight; and the common area has a huge fireplace where people can read, relax, or play chess. Oh, and there is no television. YEA, YEA, THAT WORKS!
I think waking up to a delicious and wholesome breakfast in a quite place is heaven. There is nothing more comforting and “love” than walking into a dining room with a huge table full of breakfast eats from croissants, toast, fresh fruit, pancakes, waffles and this frittata with broccoli, ham, and cheddar cheese.
About this Broccoli Ham and Cheddar Cheese Frittata Recipe
This Broccoli Cheddar and Ham Frittata recipe is something I make often for my family. It is a very easy recipe that you can put together in a bowl, pour into a pan, and let the oven do the rest of the work!
You start off by cooking some ham; whisk together some eggs; add some broccoli bits and cheese; and pour everything in a pan. That is it, you guys! You can serve this with a side of tossed greens (yes you can eat greens for breakfast) and top off with some sour cream and chopped chives. There are several ways you can make a frittata. If you’re not a fan of this recipe, you can get creative with how to make a frittata on your own.
You can substitute the ham for a different protein; the cheddar cheese with a different type of cheese; and the broccoli for a different vegetable. Here are some easy substitutions that can be made in this frittata recipe:
- Ham Substitution: Diced bacon, turkey bacon, ground breakfast sausage, grilled chicken, and kielbasa sausage
- Cheddar Cheese substitution: Monterrey Jack Cheese, Pepper Jack Cheese, Colby Cheese, Gouda Cheese. Gruyere Cheese
- Broccoli Substitution: diced peppers, diced onions, mushrooms, chopped asparagus, and spinach or kale.
This Broccoli Cheddar Ham Frittata recipe that I made, was made with love. I woke up on a Sunday morning and was in such a good mood and filled with so much love that making this frittata recipe was what came to me. I put on a pot of coffee for my fiance and made some pancakes and the frittata. We ate breakfast together, laughed and talked, got dressed, and went to church. Again, the food was the binding agent that brought us together to enjoy one another’s company. You should make it and discover the magic it brings.
Similar Breakfast Recipes
If you like this cheese frittata recipe, you will like the recipes below!
- Bacon and Cheddar Mini Quiche Recipe
- Easy Sausage and Cheddar Quiche
- Loaded Hashbrown Casserole
- Scrambled Eggs with Salmon and Chives
Commonly Asked Questions
You know that the frittata is done when it sets in the middle. Sets mean when there is a slight jiggle in the middle of the quiche. You can also insert a toothpick in the middle to make sure the egg mixture has cooked through.
No. The frittata should be completely set before serving.
Yes. You can add the filling into a pie crust instead of using the pan. Making a frittata is a good way to keep this recipe low carb and great for keto dieters.
Broccoli Cheddar Ham Frittata
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
This Broccoli Cheddar Ham Frittata is good for dinner or breakfast. You can enjoy this all-star recipe for any meal throughout the day.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 baby head broccoli, diced
- 2 cups ham, diced
- 1 1/2 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 8 whole large eggs
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. crush red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Fill a medium pot with water and place the chopped broccoli inside and allow to simmer for 3-4 minutes. You don’t want the broccoli to lose its color. As soon as the broccoli is soft, immediately remove from the heat and using a slotted spoon remove the broccoli from the water into a bowl o and allow to cool. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick saute pan on medium heat add the olive oil and begin to cook the shallot onion until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic cloves and cook until for another 2-3 minutes. Add the ham and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the butter into the ham mixture and allow to melt. Stir to make sure the butter is evenly distributed.
- In another large bowl, crack and whisk the eggs until the yolk and the whites are well mixed. Add the red pepper flakes, milk and cheese and stir once more. Next, add the broccoli. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the ham mixture and quickly stir to make sure that the egg mixture is evenly distributed. Allow to sit on the heat for 2-3 minutes until you notice the bottom of pan and the sides are set and transfer to the oven for 20-25 minutes to cook through or until the top is slightly golden.
- Loosen around the sides with a rubber spatula and flip on a serving platter on you can serve out of the pan as is.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: broccoli cheddar frittata, broccoli cheese frittata, east broccoli and cheese frittata
Leave a Reply