*This is a repost recipe from 2012.
You know, I really love loaded baked potatoes.
I almost love anything that consists of that flavor. Loaded baked potato Pringles, loaded baked potato dip, loaded baked potatoes. You name it, I love it. You buy it, I’ll try it. It is something about the combination of the cheese, the chives, the sour cream, and the bacon that just “Tickles My Fancy”. So I thought to myself, “Self, why not make a loaded potato casserole dish”? Now, I made this for breakfast but you can probably eat it as a side dish, pot luck carry in, or dinner. And it is dummy proof! Anyone can make it. Even that boyfriend or husband of yours who swears that he can cook, can make this dish. Or that girlfriend or wife of yours who really thinks that she can make some good comfort food.
I made this recipe up on a whim. I made it for some family members of mine and they absolutely loved it. Now I have to warn you, you will start eating this right out of the dish its self. It is that good! Not only that, it really does taste like a backed potato. Warning, there is nothing healthy about this dish. So if you are trying to watch your figure, I recommend that you watch your figure and everyone else enjoy this Loaded Hashbrown Casserole dish. Sorry.
I looked online for a breakfast baked potato casserole dish and I am proud to say that I didn’t find anything close. So I am going to assume that I invented another masterpiece! I hope you enjoy my Loaded Hashbrown Casserole.It was so good!Print
Loaded Hashbrown Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3–5 cups of shredded hash browns
- 1 can cream of potato soup
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 pack of dry ranch dressing
- 1 pouch real bacon bits
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, separated
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup of chives or green onions (finely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large sauce pan on medium heat, begin to heat your olive oil. Once your pan is ready, begin to cook the uncooked shredded hash browns. Season with salt and pepper to taste; Allow to cook.
- In a separate bowl, put your cream of potato soup in a bowl. Also add your milk slowly and begin to stir until you get a rich and creamy texture. If it is still a bit thick and a lumpy add a little more milk at a time. The soup should be smooth but not runny.
- Add your bacon, your packet of ranch dressing, 1 cup of cheese, and chopped chives to the soup mixture and stir.
- Go back and check your hash browns. Once your hash browns are cooked thoroughly (they don’t need to be dark they just need to be cooked) place them in a square glass casserole dish (as shown above) and add in the 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Pour the soup mixture slowly in the dish. Pour little by little and also stir to make sure that the hash browns and soup mixture is well mixed. Continue alternating until all soup is gone. Then, with the other 1 cup of cheese, sprinkle the rest at the top.
- *You can even add 1 cup of crush potato chips if you’re really feeling naughty.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until slightly golden on the top. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes and serve.
Leave a Reply