Use fresh peaches to add on top of your pound cake, making a Peach Cobbler Pound Cake. This cake is incredibly moist and topped with a sweet and tart peach cobbler topping that gives a delicious peach flavor through each bite of the cake.
As some of you know, I am not a cake decorator. Although, I marvel at beautiful cakes and the time to make such wonderful masterpieces. But it’s never been my thing. I don’t have the patience and don’t know where I would begin. This is why I typically stick with bundt cakes. If you pick a pretty bundt pan, the work is pretty much done for you. Not to mention, everything baked in a bundt pan comes out pretty. I mean, look at this Peach Cobbler Pound Cake, for instance. Isn’t it gorgeous!
I have made versions of this pound cake in the past. I am no stranger to the beauty of this cake. What I love about this cake recipe is how as the cake bakes, the peach flavors permeate throughout the cake giving the delicious flavor of peach cobbler.
Then, it is topped with a simple cake glaze made with powdered sugar, melted butter, and a little vanilla extract! This is a great cake recipe for summer desserts, holiday dinners, and special occasions.
Tips for making moist pound cakes
When I first started baking pound cakes, they would always come out burnt on the outside but soft on the inside. Believe me; it took me several tries to get pound cakes right. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when making this cake:
- Pound cakes take some time to bake, so don’t rush the process. Bake pound cakes anywhere between 45-60 minutes on low heat will result in a great moist and delicious pound cake.
- Use room temperature ingredients when possible. Using room temperature ingredients will make for a moist cake and rise appropriately.
- Don’t over-mix the ingredients. When adding your ingredients to the cake, mix well enough until the ingredients are added into the mixture. If you overmix the batter, the gluten in the flour can become stiff and dry the cake.
- Carefully measure the ingredients. This is important because if you add too much flour, the cake will come out dry, and if you add too much sugar, the cake will come out flat.
Commonly Asked Questions
I typically add a dollop of sour cream or yogurt to my pound cakes, making the cake super moist and decadent. But you want to try to use room-temperature ingredients.
Yes. I made this pound cake with fresh peach topping and canned peach filling, and it turned out well. I would just add some cinnamon and nutmeg to the peach filling.
If you like this Peach Cobbler Pound Cake made from scratch recipe, you will like some of the peach recipes below.
- Homemade Peach Cobbler Recipe
- How to Freeze Fresh Peaches
- Bourbon and Peach Preserves
- Peach Crumble Muffins
Items you may needPrint
Peach Cobbler Pound Cake
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
Fresh peaches and cinnamon aromas fill the kitchen when a summer favorite comes out of the oven. Make this Peach Cobbler Pound Cake this summer as a perfect peach dessert.
- 2 1/2 c. fresh sliced peaches, peeled
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. Bourbon or 2 tsp. Of pure vanilla extract
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 c. sugar
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 3 c. all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 2 c. powdered sugar, sifted
- 4 tbsp. Melted butter
- 2 tbsp. Milk
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325° Degrees. Spray a bundt cake pan with baking spray and set aside.
- Using a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the fresh peaches, light brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and Bourbon. Toss the ingredients together and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, add the butter, use a stand mixer or handheld electric mixer, and beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar to the butter and mix until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, not adding the next egg until it is mixed into the cake batter. Add the vanilla extract. Whisk together the sifted flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Slowly add the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients while also adding the heavy cream. Fold in the sour cream.
- Pour the peach topping inside of the bottom of the pan and spread evenly. Next, add the cake batter to the peaches and spread evenly. Place on top of a baking sheet to catch any cake overflow. Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. When finished, let cool for 20 minutes. Flip onto a serving plate.
- To make the glaze, add the powdered sugar, melted butter, milk, vanilla extract, and salt to another medium mixing bowl. Mix until creamy. Once the cake has cooled, drizzle the glaze overtop of the cake. Once the glaze has settled, cut the cake into slices and serve.
If you do not have access to fresh peaches, you can use canned peaches. Just add the cinnamon and nutmeg to a can of 15 oz peach filling and stir.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peach cobbler pound cake, peach cobbler pound cake recipe, peach cobbler pound cake from scratch
Leave a Reply