Why not start your Sunday Morning with this?…
There was a period in my life where I did not like eggs or “eggy” things. I didn’t like French Toast because I thought it was too eggy; I didn’t and still kind of don’t take to omelets very well because the eggs can be too much; and I definitely wasn’t a fan of quiche’s. The thought of eating baked eggs just wasn’t right in my mind. Now, I love quiche! I don’t know what made me fall in love with the breakfast dish but I do. More particularly, I love quiche that has tons of flavor and other ingredients. This quiche is just that.
I wanted to add some flavor to the best part of the entire quiche…the crust. I thought it was be so delicious to make a crust that was filled with various herbs and some sharp cheddar cheese. I mean think about it. The buttery and flaky crust packed with that much flavor and you have a delicious filling of fluffy eggs,breakfast sausage, and more cheese?! It really doesn’t get better than that. In fact, it is so good you don’t even have to eat the quiche for breakfast but you can also eat this for lunch and/or dinner. We have been eating it since the weekend.
When I began my relationship with my boo I actually would make this exact quiche recipe with scones almost every Sunday. He loves it, but then again he loves eggs. I promise you, if you are looking for an easy breakfast dish to make over the weekend or even during the week, this quiche is perfect. You can serve with biscuits and potatoes and call it a happy morning! You’re welcome!
- 1½ c. flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
- ¼ tsp. dried rosemary
- ½ tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 stick cold butter
- ½ c. sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ c. + 2 tbsp. ice cold water
- 9 eggs
- 1 c. heavy cream
- ⅓ c. green onion, chopped
- 1 1lb. cooked breakfast sausage (your choice and cooled)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 12/ c. sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and grease a 9 inch springform pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, salt, garlic powder, oregano, rosemary, and basil leaves and cut in the cold butter and use a fork or pastry cutter to bend in the butter and flour until the flour looks like large clumps of sand. Add the cheddar cheese and water. Take pieces f the dough and press into the bottom of the pan and along the sides. Place in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
- In a separate large bowl, add the eggs, heavy cream, and whisk until well combined. Next stir in the sausage, salt, pepper cayenne pepper, and cheddar cheese until well mix. Pour into the spring form pan on top of the crust and bake for 30-35 minutes until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Did Buy Your Book Yet?
Last week I released my first e-book called ” I Love You…Let’s Eat!” and it consists of 24 easy and delicious recipes! Since Valentine’s Day is coming up this weekend, now is the best time to buy the book to get meal ideas for your honey. There is still some opportunities left to buy your book at a discount of 25%! Just use the code BSUGAR25. Enjoy it!