- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 lb. catfish nuggets
- 4 whole white soft/hard tortillas
- 2 c. Andy’s Fish breading/ or other fish breading
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 1 tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 whole avocado, topping
- 2 c. iceberg lettuce, topping
- 1 whole tomato, topping
- 1 tbsp. taco sauce, topping
- Sour cream, optional
- Sharp cheddar cheese, optional
- Pour the oil in a deep fryer and turn heat up to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, hot sauce, and milk. Pour the breading into a separate bowl or plate. Take the catfish nuggets and dip them in the egg mixture then put them in the bowl with the breading and toss so they may be evenly coated. Once the catfish is coated with the breading, place in the oil and allow frying for 6 minutes until golden and crispy. Once finished, take the catfish out of the oil and place them on a plate with a paper towel to remove some of the excess oil.
- Once all the catfish is complete, warm your tortilla shells. If you are using hard shells, place them in the oven for about 5 minutes on 350 degree so they will get a little warm and crisp. If you are using soft tortillas, use a small pan and place them in side on medium heat and allow them to get warm on both sides.
- Dress your tacos with whatever you want: lettuce, tomato, avocado, cheese, taco sauce, and/or sour cream.