- 1– 1lb. Brownie Box (eggs, oil, water needs to be included)
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 10 oz. jar Maraschino Cherries, separated from liquid to cherries
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Maraschino Cherry juice
- 12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray a 9X13 rectangular dish
- In a large bowl prepare the brownies according to the instructions on the box. Pour into the rectangular dish and bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow brownies to cool completely.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the 1 1/2 sticks of butter and slowly add the powdered sugar and cream together. Add the tablespoon and a half of maraschino cherry liquid, salt, and the cherries from the jar and mix together. Use a rubber spatula to spread the icing on top of the brownies. Set aside or place in the refrigerator.
- To make the ganache, pour the chocolate chips in a bowl. Pour the heavy cream in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Pour the hot heavy cream on top of the chocolate chips and stir using spatula until smooth and creamy. Add the butter and stir until the butter has completely blended into the ganache. Allow the ganache to cool completely and pour on top of the cherry icing. Place in the refrigerator and allow the ganache to set. Cut into squares and serve.