If you like Cherry Cordial Ice Cream then you will love these Brownies.
My step-father love Cherry Cordial ice cream. In fact, that was his favorite ice cream flavor. However, when I was younger I couldn’t stand ice cream with fruit in it. Even still to this day I am particular about certain fruit flavored ice cream flavors. I think it is the fruit pieces that bothers me. Anyway, this man loved Cherry Cordial ice cream and I couldn’t for the life of me understand how someone can become so fixated on one particular flavor. I don’t even like chocolate covered cherry bombs. You know what it is? I am not a fan of maraschino cherries…AT ALL! But, I love fresh dark cherries. I can eat an entire bag to be quite honest. So how did I get to the place to make such wonderful looking brownies? I’m not quite sure but I am sure glad I did.
My step dad has been really bugging me about making him something just for him from my blog. He is a subscriber to my blog. So when I post a delicious recipe, he gets it in his email and all he can do is look at the picture. I live in a different city from my family so he can’t just come over and grab whatever I made. Therefore, he thinks I am teasing him on purpose. Oh sure. I make everything I make deliberately to taunt him. Everything has to be about “Mojo”. That is what I call him. So I guess you can say that these brownies are for him. I am expecting a phone call from him later today tell me to make sure I save those brownies for him. However, he may be really upset when I tell him that my significant other has taken them to work with him. You see, when I make anything this delicious, I already have a destination for them so I don’t get tempted to gorge myself. Although I am not a fan of Maraschino cherries, these babies are pretty darn good and amazing. They are rich and would be perfect served with ice cream. Am I giving anyone any ideas? I thought I would.
Next week, we are taking my mom and step dad out for their birthday’s next week. I think I may surprise him with a half a batch of these brownies. I know he isn’t going to read this blog post so I am not worried about the surprise getting out. He only looks at the blog for the pictures, not the content. In fact, when he visits he always says ” Nicole! Why don’t you make me that one cake with the stuff on it and the icing dripping down from it?” Like I know what that means. With these brownie I will not have to guess. He is going to ask these by name. I guarantee it. So if you are reading this Mojo, I’m already on it.
- 1- 1lb. Brownie Box (eggs, oil, water needs to be included)
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2½ c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 10 oz. jar Maraschino Cherries, separated from liquid to cherries
- 1½ tbsp. Maraschino Cherry juice
- 12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1¼ c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray a 9X13 rectangular dish
- In a large bowl prepare the brownies according to the instructions on the box. Pour into the rectangular dish and bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow brownies to cool completely.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the 1½ sticks of butter and slowly add the powdered sugar and cream together. Add the tablespoon and a half of maraschino cherry liquid, salt, and the cherries from the jar and mix together. Use a rubber spatula to spread the icing on top of the brownies. Set aside or place in the refrigerator.
- To make the ganache, pour the chocolate chips in a bowl. Pour the heavy cream in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Pour the hot heavy cream on top of the chocolate chips and stir using spatula until smooth and creamy. Add the butter and stir until the butter has completely blended into the ganache. Allow the ganache to cool completely and pour on top of the cherry icing. Place in the refrigerator and allow the ganache to set. Cut into squares and serve.