Chicken Fajita Quesadillas is a perfect dish that only takes 30 minutes to make that can be served as a main dish or an appetizer.
- 2 chicken breast, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1.25 oz. Fajita Seasoning
- 2 c. shredded queso cheese
- 4 tbsp. Butter, divided
- 4 large soft tortilla shells
- Salt and pepper
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat add the olive oil. Add the sliced peppers and onions to the pan and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the sliced chicken breast to the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook on all sides until cooked through about 10-15 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked through, add the peppers and onions to the same pan with the chicken and add the fajita seasoning and stir until well blended. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate skillet on medium-high heat add two tablespoons of butter and spread around evenly. Add one of the soft tortillas to the pan, sprinkle about ½ cup of queso cheese on the tortilla, add half of the fajita mixture on top of the cheese, sprinkle with an additional ½ cup of queso cheese, and lay an additional flour tortilla on top.
- Allow the quesadilla to cook on both sides for about 3-5 minutes, just until you can see the cheese on the bottom has melted. Use a spatula and flip the quesadilla and cook on the other side for another 3-5 minutes. Repeat to make another quesadilla using the other two tablespoons of butter. Once finished cooking, turn to a cutting board and cut the quesadillas into fourths, and serve.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: authentic mexican chicken quesadilla, chicken fajita quesadilla, chicken fajita quesadilla oven, cheesy chicken quesadilla recipe