Make this Chili Cheese Oven Baked French Fries using Velveeta Cheese and your choice of chili. Add some spices, lay out your toppings, and let your guests serve themselves!
- 4 large Russet Potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 8 oz. Velveeta Cheese, cubed
- 15 oz. Can of Chilli, or two cups of homemade chili
- ½ tsp. Chilli powder
- ½ tsp. Smoked Paprika
- Optional toppings: sliced jalapenos, chives, cilantro, or sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees. Line a large baking sheet and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Peel and slice the potatoes to about wedges or thin fries style. Place them in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and place on top of a baking sheet making sure not place potatoes on top of one another.
- Depending on the size of your sheet, you might have to use two sheets. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Flip the fries after 15 minutes. Remove from oven once slightly golden and crisp.
- While your fries are baking, use a large shallow saute pan and turn to medium heat. Add the Velveeta Cheese and the chili. Stir periodically to ensure the sauce doesn’t burn. OR place in the crockpot for 1-2 hours. Add the chili powder and smoked paprika. Stir until smooth.
- Place the fries on a serving platter and pour the chili sauce on top along with the optional garnishes.
- Category: Appetiser