- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. pistachios, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and the powdered sugar together until well blended. Add the vanilla extract and the salt. Slowly, add the flour until well mixed and stir in the pistachios.
- Now that the dough is complete, use your hands to form the dough into a ball and turn to parchment paper. Mold the dough into a log that is about 14-15 inches long, wrap with the parchment paper and roll in a circular motion (like its a rolling pin) on top of the counter for a more round shape. Place in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the cookie dough from the freezer. Cut into slices about an inch thick and place onto lined baking sheets about 1/2 inch apart and bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool before dipping into the chocolate. Once you have dipped them into the chocolate, sprinkle with excess pistachio crumbs if you would like.