- 10– 12 whole salted ruffled potato chips
- 8 oz. chocolate candy coating
- 1 ½ c. sugar
- ½ c. water
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. salted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 c. nut topping
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the sugar and water and bring to a slight boil. Continue to stir so the sugar doesn’t stick to the pan. Once the caramel turns an amber color, take off the burner.
- As soon as you take the caramel off the burner, pour and whisk in the cream at the same time. Continue to whisk until the cream is completely blended. Then add butter and stir until the butter is completely melted. Add the salt, extract, and you’re done. You can pour the sauce in mason jars if you would like.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave stirring every 45 seconds until completely melted. Set aside.
- Now you have your salted caramel sauce and melted chocolate, let the dipping begin. Take you potato chip individually and dip in the caramel sauce. You might have to dip more than once for a heavy coating. Once you are finished dipping, place on a cooling rack and allow to cool and set before you dip into the chocolate.
- Once the caramel has set (dried) on your chip, dip the chips in the chocolate. Again, you might have to dip more than once. Once you have finished dipping the chip in the chocolate, place on parchment paper and sprinkle with the nut topping. Allow for the chocolate to completely set before eating.