These Chocolate Covered Salted Caramel Chews are very easy to make and is also the perfect gift for that special someone!
- 1 ½ sticks of butter
- ½ c. sugar
- 3 tbsp. Corn syrup
- 14 oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 lb. Chocolate Candy Coating
- Sea Salt for topping
- Line an 8X8 square pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a large nonstick pot on medium heat, melt the butter and sugar together. Whisk to combine. Next, add the corn syrup and condensed milk and whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer on medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until mixture begins to take on a slight amber color (the color of caramel). Pour caramel sauce into the square pan and set aside to allow to set. This can take 1-2 hours. You can also place in refrigerator until ready to cut.
- Lift the aluminum foil and peel it off the caramel. Place the block of caramel onto a chopping board and with a sharp knife, begin to cut the caramel into squares. You can cut them how you like. Heat the chocolate coating in the microwave checking every 30-45 seconds. Once completely melted, begin to dip the caramels into the chocolate and place on top of a cooling rack. Be sure to spray the cooling rack with nonstick spray before you place the chocolates on top. Sprinkle the top of chocolates with sea salt while still wet. Store in an airtight container or wrap in wax paper for the perfect gift.
- Category: Dessert