Make these Chocolate Covered Salted Caramel Chews as a great gift option for special holidays or occasions. These candy chews are incredibly easy to make and taste as if they came from an actual candy factory.
You won’t believe how easy it is to make these Chocolate Covered Salted Caramel Chews!
Okay, so I know I am going to get a lot of judgment for this post, so before I get into let me just say, “I can’t help it. I’m me”. Okay? So keep that statement in mind as you are reading this post.
CHA-CHING! CHA-CHING! CHA-CHING!
My husband is very thoughtful about the gifts that he buys for me. The difference between my husband and me is that he will throw money at a celebration and I am the exact opposite. I prefer to buy or do something that is true to that person. Sometimes a nice chunk of change is required, but I try to find the cheapest route possible. For instance, whenever I visit my family or speak to someone over the phone, they always ask me what I’m baking or when they are going to get a taste of my latest baked good. So, every Christmas instead of buying gifts, I make a box of goodies for everyone. I usually make different types of Christmas Cookies, Fudge, Chocolate Covered Pretzels, and all types of stuff. I put them in really cute Christmas boxes, and everyone seems to look forward to that box year after year. A few years ago, I did the same thing with my own DIY Valentine’s Day Chocolate Box. This year, I have a new treat in these Chocolate Covered Salted Caramel Chews to add.
Recipe adapted by Creme de la CrumbPrint
Chocolate Covered Salted Caramel Chews
- Yield: 20-30 1x
These Chocolate Covered Salted Caramel Chews are very easy to make and is also the perfect gift for that special someone!
- 1 ½ sticks of butter
- ½ c. sugar
- 3 tbsp. Corn syrup
- 14 oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 lb. Chocolate Candy Coating
- Sea Salt for topping
- Line an 8X8 square pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a large nonstick pot on medium heat, melt the butter and sugar together. Whisk to combine. Next, add the corn syrup and condensed milk and whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer on medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until mixture begins to take on a slight amber color (the color of caramel). Pour caramel sauce into the square pan and set aside to allow to set. This can take 1-2 hours. You can also place in refrigerator until ready to cut.
- Lift the aluminum foil and peel it off the caramel. Place the block of caramel onto a chopping board and with a sharp knife, begin to cut the caramel into squares. You can cut them how you like. Heat the chocolate coating in the microwave checking every 30-45 seconds. Once completely melted, begin to dip the caramels into the chocolate and place on top of a cooling rack. Be sure to spray the cooling rack with nonstick spray before you place the chocolates on top. Sprinkle the top of chocolates with sea salt while still wet. Store in an airtight container or wrap in wax paper for the perfect gift.
- Category: Dessert
Leave a Reply