Check out my very first blog post of Chocolate Mint Cupcakes! These are very easy cupcake to make if you are a beginner baker!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1–1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1–1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 4 oz. bar of Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk together all of your dry ingredients (i.e. sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda, and salt). Add in wet ingredients (i.e. extracts, milk, eggs, oil). Beat these ingredients together.
- Once you have beaten these ingredients for about 2 minutes, add in the boiling water. When you add the water your batter will become thin. Don’t worry! It is supposed to be that way. It is going to give your cupcake a nice moist texture once they are finished. This method applies mostly to chocolate cake. You could also use coffee.
- Lastly, to give your cake some extra “chocolatey” flavor, take the chocolate bar and melt it by microwave or placing a metal bowl over a pot of hot water, while stirring consistently until melted. Once melted add chocolate to the batter.
- Fill each cupcake paper 2/3 of the way and bake for 15 minutes.
- Before Icing, allow to cool so the icing does not melt. A good rule of thumb before icing a cupcake or cake is to place it in the refrigerator so that it will chill. This will make it easier for the icing to apply to the cake easier and cause less crumbs from the cake to develop.
- ICING RECIPE: Add all ingredients first and whisk together and let the whipping cream be the last to blend in mixture. Make sure you stir slowly to make sure that your icing does not come out too runny. If necessary slowly add more.
- Once the consistency of the icing is to your liking apply to the cupcakes and enjoy!
- For an added bonus, garnish with chocolate mint leaf or crumbled chocolate mint candies. Whatever you do, just don’t garnish with a Whopper like I did. They were just lying around and wanted the added effect. It’s my first food picture.
- Category: Dessert