This Classic Sweet Potato Pie recipe is made with fresh sweet potatoes, warm spices, and a touch of brown sugar to make the perfect bite!
- 1 Deep Dish Pie Crust or premade Pie crust
- 2 large sweet potato, baked
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees, rub the sweet potatoes with oil, and bake for 30-34 minutes.
- *If you are using a premade crust to place in your own pie dish, lightly flour the surface and roll out the crust on the surface. Roll the pie crust about 1/2 inch longer on all sides. Transfer the pie crust on top of your pie crust. Press the pie crust into the pie dish and pinch the edges. Discard the excess pie crust. Set in the freezer until ready to use.
- Remove the skin from the sweet potato after it has been baked. Place the sweet potatoes inside a large bowl. Using a mixer, blend the sweet potatoes smooth. Add the melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar and mix. Add the eggs one at a time, add the spices ( cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves), and the salt. Finally, add the milk and mix until smooth.
- Pour the pie mixture into a prepared pie pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until pie is set. Before placing the pie into the oven, place aluminum foil around the edges of the crust so the crust is light and flaky. Allow the pie to cool and serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Category: Dessert