These Cream Cheese and Cherry Turnovers are perfect for breakfast parties or potlucks. Use a few simple ingredients to make these Cherry Turnovers and wow your guests.
- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet
- 1 lb. Cherry Pie Filling
- 5 oz. Cream Cheese softened
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ¼ c. powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. Milk
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tsp. Water
- Coarse white sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 Degree. Spray a cupcake baking tin with baking spray.
- Using a small mixing bowl, add the cream cheese to the bowl. Add the vanilla extract, milk, and powdered sugar to the cream cheese. Using a hand-held mixer and mix until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Roll out the puff pastry onto a lightly floured, clean surface. Roll out the dough about an extra ½ inch. Use a pizza cutter and cut the dough into 12 squares. Place the dough squares into each muffin tin.
- Add one tablespoon of cherry pie filling into each square. Add about a heaping teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture to each muffin tin on top of the cherry pie filling. If you have more go back through and continue adding until gone. Use the remaining cherry pie filling and place on top of the cream cheese.
- Take the excess puff pastry and fold over the cherry filling. Whisk the egg and water in a small ramekin and brush the puff pastry with egg wash and sprinkle wit coarse white sugar. Bake in preheated oven for about 20-22 minutes. The puff pastry should be gold brown once finished. Allow cooling before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Breakfast