These Crispy Fish Tacos with Cilantro Coleslaw is a great taco to add to your Taco Tuesday table. Top the tacos off with cilantro slaw, crumbled cheese, and pickled onions.
- 2 1/2 c. mixed cabbage coleslaw mix
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. mayo
- 1/2 lime
- 2– 4 oz. Cod Fish filets
- 2 c. Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp. water
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- Canola Oil, For Frying
- 6 whole small flour tortillas
- Crumbled Queso Cheese
- Place the shredded cabbage, chopped cilantro, mayo, and the juice of half a lime and stir together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a heavy-duty shallow pan and fill with oil halfway. Heat on medium-high heat to 350 Degrees.
- Cut the fish into strips and set aside. Add the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs into separate bowls. Whisk the eggs with water until whites and yolk have combined.
- Dredge the fish strips in the flour and shake the excess. Next, dip into the egg wash on both sides and shake off the excess egg wash. Finally, coat in bread crumbs and place in hot oil. Cook on both sides until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from oil and place it on a place lined in a paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Repeat the process until all fish has been cooked.
- In the middle of the tortillas, add crispy fish, top with coleslaw mix, crumbled cheese, and pickled onions if desired, and serve!
- Category: Main Entree