This dairy-free chicken and gnocchi soup recipe are one of my favorite dishes. The addition of gnocchi makes this soup hearty yet light.
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 3/4 c. onion, chopped
- 3/4 c. bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. Flour
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 2 c. heavy non-dairy cream (see notes)
- 1 lb. Gnocchi
- 1 1/4 c. peas and carrots, frozen
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 5 lb. Rotisserie Chicken, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Onion powder
- 2 tsp. Chicken bouillon
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dried thyme
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: Chopped fresh parsley
- In a large dutch oven on medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Once the oil has heated, add the chopped onion and bell pepper. Cook until the onions and peppers are softened, about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium heat and add the butter. Once the butter has melted, sprinkle the flour and stir. The veggies will begin to look clumpy.
- Slowly add the chicken broth and stir to remove large clumps of flour. Allow the soup base mixture to simmer for about 5-7 minutes. The soup will thicken. Add the chicken and stir.
- Add the peas, carrots, and seasonings (garlic powder, onion powder, chicken bouillon, dried thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper). Stir.
- Add the gnocchi to the soup. Add the cornstarch to a small ramekin, add about a tablespoon of the soup liquid to the ramekin, and stir to dissolve the cornstarch. Add to the soup and stir. Add Cover and let simmer for at least 30 minutes. Add the non-dairy cream and stir. Serve and top with freshly chopped parsley.
NOTE: Non-dairy milk options include coconut milk, Country Crock Non-Dairy Heavy Cream, Silk Dairy-Free Heavy Cream, and Plant-Based Heavy Cream.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken gnocchi recipe, copycat recipes, olive garden chicken gnocchi soups, olive garden copycat recipes, dairy free chicken and gnocchi soup, dairy free chicken soup