Flourless Chocolate Cake made with real chocolate and chickpeas! Top off with mixed berries and dust with powdered sugar.
- 1 1/2 c. milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 15 oz. can chick peas (garbanzo beans)
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 c. Stevia Baking Blend or (3/4 cups sugar)
- 1/2 tsp, baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Garnish: powdered sugar, mixed berries, and/or chocolate curls
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Grease or spray a 9 inch round prepared cake pan. If you are using a round pan lined with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heating them in 30-second increments until the chocolate is completely melted. Set aside and allow to slightly cool.
- Drain and thoroughly rinse the chickpeas with cool water. Make sure that you shake all the excess water off the beans. Place the beans in the bowl of a food processor or blender along with the melted chocolate.
- Pulse until the beans and chocolate are well mixed and smooth. One at a time, add the eggs making sure after each one the previous egg is well incorporated.
- Once all the eggs are added, add the Stevia, baking powder, salt, vanilla extract, and continue to pulse until you get a well-mixed and smooth batter. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until when a toothpick is inserted it comes out clean.
- Allow cooling for about 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Once the cake cools enough to remove from the pan, place on a wire rack to finish cooling. Top off with fresh berries and dust with powdered sugar if desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chickpea chocolate cake weight watchers, chocolate chickpea cake, easy flourless chocolate cake, chickpea chocolate cake, gluten free chocolate cake, gluten free desserts