Decadent Chocolate Cake without the sugar and the flour!
- 1 1/2 c. milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 15 oz. can chick peas (garbanzo beans)
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 c. Stevia Baking Blend or (3/4 cups sugar)
- 1/2 tsp, baking powder
- Garnish: powdered sugar, mixed berries, and/or chocolate curls
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Grease or spray well a springform pan or a 9 inch round pan. If you are using a round pan line with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips using a double boiler or by placing in the microwave and heating in 30 second increments until the chocolate is completely melted. Set aside and allow to slightly cool.
- Drain and thoroughly rinse the chick peas with cool water. Make sure that you shake all the excess water off the beans. Place the beans in a food processor or blender along with the chocolate. Pulse until the beans and chocolate is well mixed and smooth. One at a time, add the egg making sure after each one the egg is well incorporated.
- Once all the eggs are added, add the Stevia and baking powder and continue to pulse until you get a well-mixed and smooth batter. Pour the batter in the pan that you are using and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until when tooth pick is inserted it comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Once the cake cools top off with fresh berries and dusted with powdered sugar if you want.