Cheesecake is a tasty dessert, but if you want to make a festive one make this Easter Egg Cheesecake recipe.
- 1 1/2 c. Chocolate Wafer Cookies, crushed
- 5 tbsp. Butter, melted
- 4– 8 oz. Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 2 c. sugar
- 3 tbsp. All-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 2 c. snickers, chopped
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 c. heavy whipping cream
- 20 Chocolate Wafer Cookies, loosely crushed
- 1 c. easter egg chocolate whoopers
- 2 tbsp. Green Wafer Shreds
- Garnish: marshmallow Peeps
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Using a food processor, add 24 chocolate wafer cookies and pulse until fine. Slowly add in the melted butter until crumbs look like large clumps of sand. Spread the crust into the bottom of a 9-10 inch springform pan and press into the bottom of the pan and along the sides. Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to completely cool.
- Once cooled, wrap the outside of the pan with aluminum foil. Place the pan inside of a larger shallow roasting pan.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and use a handheld mixer or a standing mixer and blend until creamy. Add in the sugar a cup at a time until blended.
- One at a time, add an egg. Add the next egg as each one blends well into the cream cheese mixture. Next, add the vanilla extract, flour, salt, and sour cream. Stop mixing once blended.
- Use a rubber spatula and fold in the chopped snickers. Pour the cheesecake filling into the springform pan inside of the roasting pan. Pour hot water around the pan halfway. Place in the oven and bake the cheesecake for an hour and a half.
- Once the cake isn’t jiggling in the middle, the cake is finished. Allow to cool in the pan with the water, about 30-45 minutes, and remove from the roasting pan. Allow cooling overnight in the fridge.
- Making the ganache: add the chocolate chips to a bowl. Add the heavy cream to a microwave-safe measuring cup and heat the cream for about 1 minute. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips. Stir slowly until the chocolate has completely melted and becomes smooth. Allow the chocolate to cool but it’s still smooth.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan, place it on a serving platter. Pour the melted chocolate ganache on top of the cheesecake and along the sides.
- Sprinkle the crushed chocolate wafers on top of the cheesecake along with the crushed Easter chocolate egg whoppers. You can do this by placing the chocolate wafers in a plastic bag and beat with a rolling pin until crushed.
- Also, sprinkle with the green wafer shreds. Finally, top with your choice of Easter treats. Allow the candy and chocolate to set. Use a sharp knife to cut the cheesecake and serve.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easter cheesecake, easter egg cheesecake, easter egg cheesecake recipe, easter cheesecake recipe, easter cheesecake ideas, the best easter egg cheesecake recipe,