Springtime is here and there is nothing more awesome than making festive spring dessert to get you in the spirit. This Easter Egg Cheesecake recipe is perfect for spring events and Easter dinner! This cheesecake is topped with chocolate, crushed chocolate wafer cookies, crushed Easter egg candy, and a few marshmallow bunnies.
FINALLY! A spring dessert that I can look forward to making each year as my staple Easter dessert. Spring is a great time to try simple dessert recipes where the fruit is the star ingredient. Typically for Easter, I would make my Mixed Berry Trifle, Lemon Parfaits, or Butter Pound Cake with berry fruit topping. Spring desserts should be vibrant and look like spring. That is true for the Easter Egg Cheesecake recipe which is the perfect holiday dessert.
Easter Candy Topping
The best part of this cheesecake recipe, for me, is the Easter candy. I love how this cheesecake looks like every bit of an Easter Egg Hunt. Let’s see, you have your crushed egg whopper candy, crushed chocolate wafer cookies to make the cake look like there is dirt on top, edible grass-like sprinkles, and I even added Peeps to give the cake a cute flare. You can do whatever you want with this cheesecake recipe. Here is some additional cake topping you can use:
- Jelly Beans
- Mini Cadbury Chocolate Eggs
- Reese’s Pieces
- Gummy Worms
- Chopped Snickers candy
To name a few!
Tips for making the best cheesecake
I have had some wins and plenty of losses when it comes to making cheesecake. In my early years of baking, when I would make a cheesecake I would often get that infamous crack right down the middle. Decent flavor, but a little dark for cheesecake. When making this cheesecake recipe here are a few simple tips to keep in mind to ensure your cake comes out looking its best!
- Bath or no bath: I have found that baking the cheesecake in a water bath helps prevent those cracks from forming. Pouring water around the cake that is already in a roasting pan creates steam in the oven making the air moist to prevent cracks from forming. If you get a little crack here or there, it isn’t that big a deal but it could mean that you overbaked the cheesecake, especially if there is still water in the pan when the cake is finished baking.
- Make sure that the cream cheese is at room temperature. This helps the rest of the ingredients blend nicely together.
- Chill the cheesecake overnight for best results. This is not a dessert that I would recommend putting in the refrigerator for a few hours. Cheesecake is super dense and even putting the cake in the fridge for a few hours isn’t long enough to completely chill the cheesecake.
Commonly Asked Questions
I typically don’t keep cakes and sweet treats longer than a week. However, if you froze the cake and allowed it to thaw at room temperature, you could probably keep this for a couple of weeks.
Sure! In fact, you can follow the no-bake cheesecake recipe that I have on my blog and already adapt to this version.
You can use whatever Easter candies you want!
If you like recipes like this Easter Egg Cheesecake, then you will like the ones below:
- Creme Brulee Cheesecake
- Non-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Peanutbutter Brownie Cheesecake
- The Ultimate Cheesecake Brownie A la Mode
Easter Egg Cheesecake
- Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes, plus overnight cooling
- Yield: 8–10 servings 1x
Cheesecake is a tasty dessert, but if you want to make a festive one make this Easter Egg Cheesecake recipe.
- 1 1/2 c. Chocolate Wafer Cookies, crushed
- 5 tbsp. Butter, melted
- 4– 8 oz. Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 2 c. sugar
- 3 tbsp. All-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 2 c. snickers, chopped
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 c. heavy whipping cream
- 20 Chocolate Wafer Cookies, loosely crushed
- 1 c. easter egg chocolate whoopers
- 2 tbsp. Green Wafer Shreds
- Garnish: marshmallow Peeps
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Using a food processor, add 24 chocolate wafer cookies and pulse until fine. Slowly add in the melted butter until crumbs look like large clumps of sand. Spread the crust into the bottom of a 9-10 inch springform pan and press into the bottom of the pan and along the sides. Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to completely cool.
- Once cooled, wrap the outside of the pan with aluminum foil. Place the pan inside of a larger shallow roasting pan.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and use a handheld mixer or a standing mixer and blend until creamy. Add in the sugar a cup at a time until blended.
- One at a time, add an egg. Add the next egg as each one blends well into the cream cheese mixture. Next, add the vanilla extract, flour, salt, and sour cream. Stop mixing once blended.
- Use a rubber spatula and fold in the chopped snickers. Pour the cheesecake filling into the springform pan inside of the roasting pan. Pour hot water around the pan halfway. Place in the oven and bake the cheesecake for an hour and a half.
- Once the cake isn’t jiggling in the middle, the cake is finished. Allow to cool in the pan with the water, about 30-45 minutes, and remove from the roasting pan. Allow cooling overnight in the fridge.
- Making the ganache: add the chocolate chips to a bowl. Add the heavy cream to a microwave-safe measuring cup and heat the cream for about 1 minute. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips. Stir slowly until the chocolate has completely melted and becomes smooth. Allow the chocolate to cool but it’s still smooth.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan, place it on a serving platter. Pour the melted chocolate ganache on top of the cheesecake and along the sides.
- Sprinkle the crushed chocolate wafers on top of the cheesecake along with the crushed Easter chocolate egg whoppers. You can do this by placing the chocolate wafers in a plastic bag and beat with a rolling pin until crushed.
- Also, sprinkle with the green wafer shreds. Finally, top with your choice of Easter treats. Allow the candy and chocolate to set. Use a sharp knife to cut the cheesecake and serve.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easter cheesecake, easter egg cheesecake, easter egg cheesecake recipe, easter cheesecake recipe, easter cheesecake ideas, the best easter egg cheesecake recipe,
Leave a Reply