These delicious cheesecake brownies are incredibly fudgy and moist while being topped with a simple and smooth cheesecake layer. Top these brownies off with ice cream, whipped cream, and a simple strawberry topping. The combination of the brownie and cheesecake makes for a delicious Brownie a la Mode dessert.
I am crazy about brownies! I mean, I can literally eat a whole pan throughout the day. Give me a glass of cold milk and those brownies are as good as gone! Just as crazy as I am about brownies, I am just as crazy about Cheesecake. I love the sweetness and tartness of cheesecake. Especially if it’s topped with strawberries. It totally makes sense to combine these dessert giants together to make one great dessert!
Ingredients in this brownie recipe
These ultimate cheesecake brownies are made with a few simple ingredients:
Brownie Box Mix: For this recipe, you can definitely make brownies from scratch but I used a brownie mix to make my life easier. There is nothing wrong with using brownie or cake mix when you can. In this recipe, I laid out a full brownie recipe from scratch that consists of butter, baking chocolate, chocolate chips, and sugar.
Cream Cheese: You are going to need a few bricks of cream cheese to create that flawless layer of cream cheese that is on top of the brownie layer. You will combine the cream cheese, cornstarch, sugar, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Once you combine these ingredients you will layer them on top of the brownie layer. Don’t worry, as it bakes you will get two distinct layers.
Strawberries: The strawberry topping to this recipe is very simple. It combines strawberry preserves and fresh strawberries. You will heat the strawberry preserves and add the fresh strawberries. Then you will pour this strawberry topping on top of the brownies.
Hot Fudge: What is a good brownie a la mode if it isn’t without a nice topping of hot fudge? To make these brownies as glorious as possible, you’ll add a layer of ice cream, whipped cream, and strawberry topping, in addition to the hot fudge.
These easy cheesecake brownies are a great sweet treat to enjoy all year long, but they definitely are a great dessert to make for Valentine’s Day or over the holidays.
Commonly Asked Questions
Yes. You can absolutely use a knife or a toothpick and swirl the cream cheese batter on top. Just place the dollops of the batter top and swirl around.
I typically don’t like to keep desserts longer than one week. I’ve noticed they tend to lose their freshness. But I am sure you can cut these in squares and place them in an airtight container and freeze them.
The Ultimate Cheesecake Brownie a la Mode
- Total Time: 3 hours 35 minutes
- Yield: 24 squares 1x
This recipe for the Ultimate Cheesecake Brownies puts the old ones to shame. Forget about regular brownies; this brownie recipe is amazing!
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 2 1/4 c. sugar, divided
- 3 8-oz. Cream cheese blocks softened
- 7 large eggs, divided
- 3/4 c. sour cream
- 2/3 c. milk
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 5 oz. unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp. Strawberry Jelly
- 1 1/2 c. strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1/4 c. hot fudge, heated
- 8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thaw
- Garnish: vanilla ice cream and chopped nuts or hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with baking spray. Line the pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To make the cheesecake batter, in a large bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and ½ cup of the sugar and mix. Add the cream cheese to the mix and blend until smooth. Next, beat in 3 of the eggs, sour cream, and milk. Stir in 1 teaspoon of the vanilla extract and set aside.
- To make the brownie batter, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and chocolate. Microwave within 30-second increments and stir until smooth and combined.
- Whisk in 1 ¾ cup of sugar into the chocolate mixture. Add in the 4 remaining eggs. Whisk in the flour, baking powder, and salt until smooth. Stir in the remaining 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and semisweet chocolate chips. Spread the brownie mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the brownie mixture. Spread gently until smooth.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 65 minutes or until the center is set. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature for 2 hours and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Heat the jelly in the microwave-safe bowl for 15 seconds. Stir in strawberries. Heat the hot fudge sauce until completely melted.
- Cut the brownies into squares with a sharp knife. Top off with a scoop of ice cream, a dollop of whipped topping, a spoonful of strawberry topping and hot fudge, and sprinkle chopped nuts.
You can use brownie mix instead of making the brownies from scratch.
- Prep Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 65 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesecake brownie, cream cheese brownies, cheesecake brownie recipe, brownie cheesecake bars, chocolate brownie cheesecake, ultimate cheesecake brownies, easy cheesecake brownies, easy cream cheese brownies, best cream cheese brownies, cream cheese brownies with mix,
Leave a Reply