Imagine a chocolate truffle, wrapped in a layer of brownie, covered in more chocolate. That is how these Brownie Truffles are made. You can make a ton of these sweet treats, place them in a cute Valentine’s Day gift box, and that would make for a personalized box of chocolates!
If I only had one way to eat truffles for the rest of my life, this would be it. I mean, how can you deny a chocolate truffle wrapped in a layer of brownie, and coated in more chocolate? Sounds ridiculous, right? I am not sure how I came up with this idea. But, I am sure it came from me wanting a truffle and a brownie at the same time. This is such a great chocolate recipe that is great for Valentine’s Day, Christmas, baby showers, or bridal showers. Not to mention they are super easy to make. To see the process you can watch the video below or follow me on Instagram and check out my highlight!
How to make Brownie Truffles
Okay, so you basically bake a box of brownies and let them cool. Take a chocolate truffle of your preference and take it out of the wrapper. Then, you’re going to take a heaping pinch full of the brownie and flatten it with your finger. Be sure your hands are wet because it’s going to make this entire process easier.
Put the truffle in the middle of the flattened brownie piece and wrap the brownie around the truffle being sure to pinch and bring the brownie together all around. Roll the truffle in the middle of your hands to make for a nice round truffle and set aside.
Finally, roll the truffle in chocolate coating and let it set on parchment paper. That’s it! To see the process you can watch the video and check out my highlight!
Personalize with DIY Valentine’s Box
Not only are these brownie truffle balls delicious, but they also make for a great Valentine’s Day treat. Imagine this, you can make a bunch of these truffles and place them in a cute Valentine’s Day cardboard box along with other homemade chocolate treats that are easy and you’ll love. You can also customize these brownie truffles by adding sprinkles, a drizzle of white chocolate, graham cracker crumbs, crushed Oreo cookies, or toffee pieces ( I may actually try that one).
For these brownie truffles, I used Lindt chocolate as the truffle and wrapped it with the brownie. You can make these truffles using all brownies by stuffing some of the baked brownies in a small cookie scoop, rolling into a ball, and coating in chocolate as indicated in the recipe. You can do the same for a caramel chew instead of a Lindt Chocolate Truffle Ball.
Commonly Asked Questions
Yes! If you have a favorite brownie recipe you prefer you can definitely use that recipe instead of a fudge brownie mix.
Sure! I mentioned you can use caramel chews or a whole ball of brownie. But you can also do the same with a cream cheese filling making Brownie Cheesecake Truffles.
If you like this recipe, you will enjoy the chocolate recipes below:
- Chocolate Covered Sea Salted Caramels
- Peanut Toffee Chocolate Clusters
- Fluffernutter Truffles
- Salted Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
Double Chocolate Brownie Truffles
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Yield: 15 1x
Delicious Double Chocolate Brownie Truffles filled with milk chocolate truffles and wrapped in brownie coating. Makes these for your loved one.
- 1 Box Brownie Mix (including the required ingredients egg, water, and vegetable oil)
- 1 lb. Milk Chocolate, chopped and melted
- 15 (assortment of chocolate truffles and chewy caramels)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray a 9X13 rectangle baking pan. Set aside
- Empty the brownie mix in a large bowl and mix with oil, water, and eggs (according to the package) and stir well until smooth. Pour the brownie mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly. Bake for 25 minutes and allow to cool at room temperature for 25 minutes.
- Once the brownies are cool but not hot, use a cookie scooper or large spoon and scoop out the brownie and flatten it with fingers. Make sure you wet your fingers to make the process easier.
- Place the truffle or caramel in the middle of the flattened brownie and wrap the brownie around the candy. Pinch the brownie around the candy and set it aside. You can also make large brownie balls too. Once finished, place in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes to chill or freezer for 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and dip the truffles into the melted chocolate. Shake off the excess chocolate using a fork and place on wax paper that has been placed on a baking sheet or silicone mat. Allow setting. Place in airtight container until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate truffles, homemade chocolate truffles, how to make brownie truffles, leftover brownie truffles, what to do with rumbled brownies,
Leave a Reply