I am in love with these Chocolate Covered Fluffernutter Balls! Like seriously.
I have gone nuts trying to figure the name for the treat that is a combination of peanut butter, marshmallow, and pretzels. I kept thinking “Pumpernickle”, “Nickerbocker”, or Cumberbutter”. I couldn’t figure it out for the life of me. I searched all over the internet for marshmallow and peanut recipes until I found the name of this famous combination. FLUFFERNUTTER!!! Do you know how annoying it is to know something but it can’t get it out of your head? You know what I’m talking about. When something is on the tip of your tongue or at the edge of your brain and you can’t remember….ARRRGGG! That is so annoying to me. So, you can imagine the relief I felt once I saw the term Fluffernutter. It was like someone opened the door to my brain and cool air came rushing into a hot room of discombobulated thoughts.
When I was searching for this term and recipe concept I came across an easy and unique idea from Kelsey Nixon ( I think she is too cute btw) that she shared on the Rachel Ray show. I knew I had to try them. But, I wondered, “How can I kick these balls up a notch?” Chocolate! Chocolate can kick just about anything into another dimension. So, I made these Fluffernutter Balls, dipped them in chocolate, and coated them with crunched peanuts and peanut butter cookies, and floated away to heaven.
Oh yes people, my eyes have seen the glory! I am surprised I only ate one (can’t mess up my weight loss progress too badly). You know the first thing I thought when I had one of these? I thought how much they taste like Butterfingers! Yes! These Fluffernutter Balls tastes like mini Butterfinger balls! I promise you will love these. Especially if you like Butterfingers! These babies require no oven and hardly any time. They are great for parties and great to do with kids! Let me know how you like them. Oh hey! Maybe you can add crush salted pretzels to your coating and see how they come out. Just a thought! Bye!
- 1 lb. Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 c. mini marshmallows
- 7 oz. Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 c. & 2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- ½ tsp. salt
- 14 oz. chocolate candy coating
- 1 c. roasted salted peanuts
- 1 c. Nutter Butter Mini's
- Using a food processor, add the peanut butter cookies and pulse until completely broken down into course crumbs. Next, add the marshmallows, marshmallow fluff, peanut butter, and salt. Pulse until all ingredients are combined.
- Again, pulse the peanuts and nutter butter cookies in a food processor and place in a bowl. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Use a cookie scooper and scoop the dough into balls until completely gone. Place in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes. Next, melt the chocolate candy coating in the microwave until completely melted and smooth, should only take 1 minute.
- Dip the balls in the chocolate and let the excess drip back into the bowl and immediately dip into the peanut crumb coating and place back onto the parchment paper to set. Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container until ready to serve.