These Easter Eggshell Cupcakes are perfect for Easter! You can make them for your kids Easter egg baskets or as a super cute Easter treat!
- 9 eggshells, emptied
- 1/2 c. sugar
- ½ c. flour
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 whole egg
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ c. milk
- – Or you can use a box cake mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Take the egg with the point facing upward. Take the end of a steak knife and prick the top of the egg making a small hole. With your fingers, begin to remove some of the shell leaving a small hole for you to insert the cupcake batter. Once you have an
entry wayfrom the egg, begin to pour the contents out of the egg in a separate bowl and place the punctured egg in a separate bowl. Repeat this process for the remaining eight eggs.
- Now that the hard part is done, take a large bowl and fill it with warm water. Soak your eggshells in the warm water for 15 minutes. Remove from water and rinse once more and set aside and allow to completely air dry. You can place them back in the egg carton with the hole upside down.
- Begin to prepare your egg dyes according to the manufactures instructions. Begin to dye your eggs according to the instructions, trying very carefully not to get the dye on the inside of the shell. Set aside and allow to air dry.
- Now that the eggs are prepped, let’s make the cupcake batter. In a medium bowl, add the butter, egg, and sugar and beat until creamy with a mixer. Begin to add the remaining dry ingredients, vanilla extract, and milk. Beat until all ingredients are blended well.
- Take the cupcake pan and insert a square piece of foil inside each cupcake lining. This will give the eggs more stability so they can bake evenly. Place the eggs securely inside each cupcake lining using the foil to secure its place in the pan. In an icing piping bag or cupcake spout, add the cupcake batter. If you do not have either one of those, take a Ziploc bag, pour in the cupcake batter, close the bag, and make a hole at the end of one of the corners of the bag and use that to pipe in the cupcake batter about 1/3 full. Begin to pipe the eggs for even distribution of the batter. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Once finished baking, remove from oven and allow cooling. You can frost or decorate the cupcakes however you would like. The point is to enjoy! You can bake them and allow the kids to decorate them however they wish!
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert