Looking for a fun Easter activity to do with your kids? Why not try making Easter Egg Cupcakes? These cupcakes are delicious, incredibly festive, and easy to make. In this post, we’ll show you how to make Easter Egg Cupcakes using eggshells and why they are the perfect sweet treat for the holiday.
Easter Egg Cupcakes are the perfect sweet treat for Easter for several reasons. First, they are incredibly festive and will add a touch of Easter fun to any gathering or party. They are also a great way to get kids involved in the Easter festivities, as they can help make the cupcakes and decorate them as well.
In addition, Easter Egg Cupcakes are a great alternative to traditional Easter eggs. They are less messy and easier to handle, and you don’t have to worry about them spoiling or going bad. Plus, they are a sweet treat that everyone will love, and you can make them in advance to save time on the day of your Easter celebration.
Ingredients you’ll need for these Easter Cupcakes
To make Easter Egg Cupcakes, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Cake mix or your favorite cupcake recipe
- Eggshells (make sure to wash them thoroughly before using)
- Food coloring
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Cupcake decor toppings
You can use any cupcake topping you want for these easy cupcakes. The point is to have fun and get as festive as you want.
How to make these cupcakes
- Prepare the cake mix or cupcake recipe as directed. You can use white, chocolate, or yellow cake mix.
- Carefully crack the eggs and remove the yolks and whites. Rinse the eggshells thoroughly with warm water, place them in a large bowl filled with warm water, and let soak for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the eggshells inside and out with cool water. Place in an egg carton and allow to dry completely.
- Once dry, dye the outside of the eggs while being careful not to add dye on the inside of the egg shells.
- Place a piece of aluminum foil inside each cupcake tins with a slight well in the middle. Place an eggshell carefully in the middle of each tin insert.
- Fill each eggshell about two-thirds full with the cake batter. Be careful not to overfill them, as the cupcakes will rise as they bake.
- Bake according to your recipe’s instructions. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once the cupcakes are done, let them cool completely before decorating with frosting and other decorations if desired.
Easy Easter Cupcake Ideas
If you’re looking for other easy Easter cupcake ideas, here are a few more to try:
Bunny Butt Cupcakes: Decorate regular cupcakes with white frosting and add bunny feet made of marshmallows and pink frosting.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes: Decorate carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and orange fondant carrots.
Chick Cupcakes: Use yellow frosting and candy eyes to make cute little chicks on top of your cupcakes.
Easter Egg Cupcakes are a fun and festive way to celebrate Easter with family and friends. They are easy to make, delicious, and perfect for kids of all ages. Whether you’re looking for a fun activity with your kids or want to add a touch of Easter to your dessert table, Easter Egg Cupcakes are the way to go. So why not give them a try this Easter season?
If you are looking for recipes for Easter desserts, you will enjoy the recipes below:
- Super Easy & Moist Carrot Cake
- Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding
- Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding Cups
- Homemade Peach Cobbler
- Easter Egg Cheesecake