Looking for a fun Easter activity to do with your kids? Why not try making Easter Egg Cupcakes? These cupcakes are delicious, incredibly festive, and easy to make. In this post, we’ll show you how to make Easter Egg Cupcakes using eggshells and why they are the perfect sweet treat for the holiday.
Easter Egg Cupcakes are the perfect sweet treat for Easter for several reasons. First, they are incredibly festive and will add a touch of Easter fun to any gathering or party. They are also a great way to get kids involved in the Easter festivities, as they can help make the cupcakes and decorate them as well.
In addition, Easter Egg Cupcakes are a great alternative to traditional Easter eggs. They are less messy and easier to handle, and you don’t have to worry about them spoiling or going bad. Plus, they are a sweet treat that everyone will love, and you can make them in advance to save time on the day of your Easter celebration.
Ingredients you’ll need for these Easter Cupcakes
To make Easter Egg Cupcakes, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Cake mix or your favorite cupcake recipe
- Eggshells (make sure to wash them thoroughly before using)
- Food coloring
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Cupcake decor toppings
You can use any cupcake topping you want for these easy cupcakes. The point is to have fun and get as festive as you want.
How to make these cupcakes
- Prepare the cake mix or cupcake recipe as directed. You can use white, chocolate, or yellow cake mix.
- Carefully crack the eggs and remove the yolks and whites. Rinse the eggshells thoroughly with warm water, place them in a large bowl filled with warm water, and let soak for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the eggshells inside and out with cool water. Place in an egg carton and allow to dry completely.
- Once dry, dye the outside of the eggs while being careful not to add dye on the inside of the egg shells.
- Place a piece of aluminum foil inside each cupcake tins with a slight well in the middle. Place an eggshell carefully in the middle of each tin insert.
- Fill each eggshell about two-thirds full with the cake batter. Be careful not to overfill them, as the cupcakes will rise as they bake.
- Bake according to your recipe’s instructions. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once the cupcakes are done, let them cool completely before decorating with frosting and other decorations if desired.
Easy Easter Cupcake Ideas
If you’re looking for other easy Easter cupcake ideas, here are a few more to try:
Bunny Butt Cupcakes: Decorate regular cupcakes with white frosting and add bunny feet made of marshmallows and pink frosting.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes: Decorate carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and orange fondant carrots.
Chick Cupcakes: Use yellow frosting and candy eyes to make cute little chicks on top of your cupcakes.
Easter Egg Cupcakes are a fun and festive way to celebrate Easter with family and friends. They are easy to make, delicious, and perfect for kids of all ages. Whether you’re looking for a fun activity with your kids or want to add a touch of Easter to your dessert table, Easter Egg Cupcakes are the way to go. So why not give them a try this Easter season?
If you are looking for recipes for Easter desserts, you will enjoy the recipes below:
- Super Easy & Moist Carrot Cake
- Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding
- Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding Cups
- Homemade Peach Cobbler
- Easter Egg Cheesecake
Easter Egg Cupcakes (in an eggshell)
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 9 1x
Get creative this Easter with Eggshell Cupcakes! Easy to make, festive, and delicious. Find recipes and tips for the perfect sweet treat.
- 9 eggshells, emptied
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. flour
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. milk
- Egg dye
- Or you can use a box of cake mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take the egg with the point facing upward. Take the end of a steak knife and prick the top of the egg, making a small hole. With your fingers, remove some of the eggshells leaving a small hole for you to insert the cupcake batter.
- Once you have an entryway from the egg, pour the contents out of the egg in a separate bowl and place the punctured egg in a separate bowl. Repeat this process for the remaining eight eggs.
- Now that the hard part is done take a large bowl and fill it with warm water. Soak your eggshells in warm water for 15 minutes. Remove from water and rinse once more and set aside and allow to air dry completely. You can place them back in the egg carton with the hole upside down.
- Begin to prepare your egg dyes according to the manufactures instructions. Begin to dye your eggs according to the instructions, trying very carefully not to get the dye on the inside of the shell. Set aside and allow to air dry.
- Now that the eggs are prepped let’s make the cupcake batter. Add the butter, egg, and sugar in a medium bowl and beat until creamy with an electric mixer or a stand mixer. Begin to add the remaining dry ingredients, vanilla extract, and milk. Beat until all ingredients are blended well.
- Take the cupcake pan and insert a square piece of foil inside each cupcake lining. This will give the eggs more stability so they can bake evenly. Place the eggs securely inside each cupcake lining using the foil to secure its place in the pan.
- Add the cupcake batter inside the eggshells in an icing piping bag or cupcake spout. If you do not have either of those, take a Ziploc bag, pour in the cupcake batter, close the bag, and make a hole at the end of one of the corners of the bag and use that to pipe in the cupcake batter about 1/3 full. Begin to pipe the eggs for even distribution of the batter. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Once finished baking, remove from oven and allow cooling. You can frost them with buttercream frosting or chocolate frosting and decorate the cupcakes however you would like. Try adding sprinkles or jelly beans to the top of the cupcakes for fun!
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easter egg cupcakes, cupcake easter eggs, cupcakes for easter, easter egg cupcake ideas, easy easter cupcake ideas, easter desserts
Leave a Reply